This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- From early February through summer 2018, Kringla Bakeri og Kafe located in the Norway pavilion at Epcot will undergo a refurbishment to expand and enhance the location. Midnattsol Bakeri, a food and beverage quick-service kiosk, will be added to the promenade in Norway during the refurbishment. A selection of items from the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe menu will be available, including Guest favorites like the Norwegian school bread and lefsa. Most items will be available as a snack entitlement with the Disney Dining Plan.
- As part of continued enhancements to Guests’ shopping experiences at Disney Parks, the World of Disney store locations in Disney Springs will be reimagined beginning in mid-February 2018. Work will be completed in phases throughout 2018, so Guests can continue shopping in the World of Disney stores during construction. In addition, shops in Town Center at Disney Springs, such as Ever After Jewelry Co. or The Disney Corner (opening in mid-February), will carry select merchandise while World of Disney undergoes renovations.
- As part of a test, Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf will close at 10:00 p.m. that’s expected to end this fall. The attraction will continue to close at 11:00 p.m. during certain times of the year, including holidays and the entire month of July. If the test is successful, this will become a permanent change and Disney’s Winter Summerland will operate from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. nightly. Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf will not be affected by this test.
- The new Arena at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex is officially open. This new and versatile arena can easily host events both large and small and can be configured into 4 separate event space. The indoor arena is designed to accommodate performance events and multi-competition events—like cheerleading, dance, martial arts, gymnastics, volleyball, basketball, and robotics exhibits. Highlights of the new Arena at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex:
- Two auxiliary venue spaces
- Separate box office entrance
- Up to 8,000 seats
- Disney will be closing its three Children’s Activity Centers located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. July 31 will be the final day of operation.
- Guests staying in select rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels will be able to purchase a new theme park extras that includes additional FastPass+ benefits and preferred viewing opportunities for nighttime spectaculars for $50 plus tax per guest per day. For more information, make sure you read our recent blog post showcasing this change.