This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- A new Guest offering will soon debut at the France pavilion at World Showcase at Epcot. A brand new “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along created by Don Hahn, producer of the animated and live-action “Beauty and the Beast” films. This new show will be in addition to Impressions de France.
- The Canada Pavilion will be updating the existing O Canada! 360-degree show.
- Disney provided additional details about its upcoming replacement for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. This new nighttime spectacular will debut in 2020 and will celebrate how Disney music inspires people around the world, and will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and lasers. Before the new show debuts, there will be a limited-time experience called “Epcot Forever.” This show will debut in fall 2019 and will feature classic Epcot tunes. “Epcot Forever” will begin with 0ffer fireworks, music, lighting, lasers, and special effects kites.
- We now know that the name of the upcoming Ratatouille experience coming to the France pavilion at Epcot will be called Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will debut the “Wonderful World of Animation” Nighttime Show in May 2019 as part of the park’s 30th Anniversary celebration. The show will use state-of-the-art projection technology to take Guests on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey himself.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be debuting at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the fall of 2019.
- We now know the names of the two attractions for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The first, entitled Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, puts guests behind the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy in one of three unique flight crew roles. The second attraction, which puts guests in the middle of an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order, is called Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. These two new incredible experiences will offer optional interactive integration with the Play Disney Parks app.
- The Walt Disney World Resort will begin using an automated PhotoPass system at select meet and greets; the first in a planned roll-out to nine locations. The new system will use an automated camera system instead of PhotoPass photographers. At the meet and greets, a kiosk will feature the images, with a MagicBand touch point for Guests to scan their MagicBand, much like those found at on-ride photo locations.
- The VOID at Disney Springs is introducing the hyper-reality experience Ralph Breaks VR, an original multi-sensory, immersive experience launching on November 21. In teams of 4, Guests will break into the internet with Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope von Schweetz disguised as characters from the film called “Netizens” to play the newest, coolest video game ever. Ralph Breaks VR introduces two brand new locations, Dunderdome and Pancake Milkshake Diner, and a new antagonist, B.E.V. voiced by writer Pamela Ribon, which stands for “Built to Eradicate Viruses.”
- Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge, is the upcoming Disney Resort that will be built on the location of the former River Country. This will be a deluxe, nature-inspired resort that will feature more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas.
- The upcoming Star Wars resort coming to Walt Disney World will be a groundbreaking experience unlike any resort experience you’ve ever seen. From the moment you board your launch pod, it’s a fully-immersive, multi-day Star Wars adventure aboard a luxury starship complete with high-end dining, space-view cabins and all of the exciting action you would expect from an authentic Star Wars experience.
- The new 15 story tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is named Gran Destino Tower. The tower will be completed in July 2019 and will add a total of 545 new guest rooms (including 50 suites) to the resort.
- The Disney Skyliner will be ready to begin transporting guests at the Walt Disney World Resort beginning fall of 2019. This new state-of-the-art gondola system will conveniently connect Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resort hotels- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort as well as the proposed 15th Disney Vacation Club property, Disney’s Riviera Resort.