This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Disney has completed its line-up for celebrity narrators for this year’s Candlelight Processional at Epcot. Newly announced celebrities include Ana Gasteyer and Jodi Benson, and Kurt Russell. For a full list of celebrity narrators, make sure to check out our Candlelight Processional page.
- Filming for the Disney holiday specials at Walt Disney World will take place November 3 – 7. Following on from last year’s new format, there will be multiple shows, set to air throughout the holiday season, in November and December. No parade will be filmed at Walt Disney World, but stage show performances will. Tickets will not be made available to guests; instead Cast Members will fill in as the audience.
- For the first time ever, four Walt Disney World Resort will welcome guests – and their dogs. They are Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and the Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort. A maximum of two dogs per guest room can be accommodated, and each guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas. At check-in, Guests will receive a Pluto’s Welcome Kit that includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, dog walking maps, and a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room. While dogs will be allowed to stay in guest rooms, they will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated. These four properties will have a pet-cleaning rate:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Tickets are now on sale for the all-new hyper-reality experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, which will debut at Disney Springs on December 16. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire will transport Guests deep into the beloved Star Wars universe allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the multi-sensory experience with friends and family. In groups of four, teams will go undercover as Stormtroopers to capture Imperial intelligence that is vital to the budding rebellion’s survival. The VOID requires all Guests to be at least 48” tall. They also suggest that Guests be at least 10 years old or older due to the weight of the gear and some intense content. Guests under 18 years old will have to have a parent or guardian sign the liability waiver. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf will be closed from October 23 through November 10, reopening on November 11. Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf remains open for Guests during that time.