This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- The preferred method for booking and modifying Walt Disney World Resort table service dining reservations will be the My Disney Experience app and DisneyWorld.com. Cast Members found at the (407)WDW-DINE number will continue to be available to help with reservations for groups of eight or more, same-day cancellations, in addition to other assistance Guests may need.
- Test Track at Epcot will close for a refurbishment from January 13 through February 26. The ride experience will not change as a result of this refurbishment. During the downtime, the SIMporium will also be temporarily closed.
- A new gelato kiosk is coming to the Italy pavilion in World Showcase. The new location will replace the current cart and will be operated by Patina Restaurant Group. The kiosk will be scooping up 12 different varieties of gelato and sorbet, including gluten-friendly and plant-based flavors. Its seasonally updated menu will also use locally sourced fruits.
- The band Bodh’aktan has returned to The Mill Stage in the Canada pavilion. The band is known for their fusion of traditional Irish and Québécois melodies with hard rock, country, polka, and punk.
- Since the reopening of Rafiki’s Planet Watch earlier this year, The Animation Experience at Conservation Station has allowed Guests to be able to learn how to draw some of their favorite characters from The Lion King. Now, Guests can learn how to draws favorite Disney animal villains from popular Disney films. More details can be found here.
- The Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler is coming back! This option will be valid December 22-January 4 and is a digital value card that allows Guests to enjoy a way to taste their way around the park. Guests can purchase the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler for $50 and then they can walk around the park using the digital card to purchase anything on the menu at over 40 carts and kiosks. They can also use a bonus $10 digital value card at one of five quick service restaurants after 4:00 p.m. In addition, Guests will receive two guaranteed seats for the second showing of Rivers of Light: We Are One, which must be redeemed between December 22 and January 4. More information can be found here.