This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- The Walt Disney World Resort announced the introduction of the Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This tour is the perfect way for Guests of all ages to experience their favorite classic attractions during the day and also the park’s newest nighttime offerings including Rivers of Light and Pandora – The World of Avatar. Bookings are now available for dates beginning October 1. The event is offered Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, costs $265.19 per person (tax included) and lasts roughly 4 hours. Attractions included in this tour include Avatar Flight of Passage, Na’vi River Journey, Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, DINOSAUR, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Rivers of Light. Guests will also be able enjoy the Satu’li Canteen sampler, a beverage (adult or non-alcoholic available), and popcorn. Discounts apply for Disney Vacation Club Members, Annual Passholders and Visa card holders. For more information, call 407-WDW-PLAY.
- Discovery Trading Company at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will offer ear hat embroidery beginning today. Basic ear hat embroidery will be $3.99 for gold, black, or dark pink text in a traditional font. Premium embroidery will also be available for $7.99 per line (maximum two lines), including gold, white, or red text in a script or kid’s font.
- On Friday, September 8, Walt Disney Presents will open in the location of Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream with previews of the lands and attractions coming soon to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Inside Walt Disney Presents, Guests will still be able to enjoy the self-guided tour exploring Walt Disney’s life. The new gallery will now feature a never-before-seen model of Toy Story Land, the marketplace from the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model, and concept art for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Walt Disney Presents will continue to host character greetings, as well as special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films.
- New entertainment offerings are coming to Epcot’s World Showcase. They are:
- Suroît – This band is new to Epcot. They come from Canada’s Magdalen Islands in eastern Quebec and their sound has embraced influences from Cajun, Celtic, bluegrass and rock music. Suroît will perform on the Mill Stage at the Canada pavilion from August 31 – October 1.
- Bodh’aktan – Returning once again, Bodh’aktan mixes Quebecois, folk and polka to make fantastic rock and dance music. This popular, kilted band is returning Canada Pavilion’s Mill Stage from October 2 – 22.
- Raffy – This musical quartet makes their Epcot debut from October 23 – November 26 on the Mill Stage at the Canada Pavilion. Raffy has an infectious energy that they will be bringing to the park.
- Margret Almer & The Bavarian Band – World-famous yodeler Margret Almer will be returning to the Germany Pavilion this fall. She’ll be performing with The Bavarian Band beginning August 31 and continuing through the holiday season.
- Musique Aramenco – Returning to the stage at the Morocco Pavilion from September 1 – December 30. Musique Aramenco presents a fusion of traditional and modern Moroccan music.
- Mobile Order will be expanding availability to two Magic Kingdom at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland beginning September 5 and Aloha Isle in Adventureland beginning September 6.
- At Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, you can get up close and personal with the Headless Horseman with the Return to Sleepy Hollow experience. During this event, Guests will be able to view the 1949 Disney animated classic film The Legend of Sleepy Hollow inside the resort’s Tri-Circle-D Ranch stables, see the Headless Horseman. The Return to Sleepy Hollow opportunity will take place at 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on: September 29-October 2; October 5-9; October 12-16; October 19-23; October 26-31. The offering costs $22 per person, however there is also a premium seating option for $38 per person, which includes a priority photo opportunity with the Headless Horseman and a Halloween treat bag. The Return to Sleepy Hollow experience can be reserved by calling 407-WDW-TOUR.
- Due to kitchen maintenance Chef Mickey’s will be temporarily relocating to the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort from late November through December 2017. (The restaurant is expected to reopen in mid-December). The buffet offerings, characters, and Disney PhotoPass experience will be exactly the same in the temporary location.