This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Ticket prices at Walt Disney World Resort have increased. Pricing can be found on our Ticket Page. Other price adjustments include theme park parking, theme park lockers and Minnie Van service.
- When the American Adventure reopens later this month following a brief update, it will include several new enhancements, including a digital projection system. In addition, the show’s finale will be updated to include notables who have shaped America’s recent history, such as music composer John Williams, astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson and ballerina Misty Copeland. Finally, the song “Golden Dream,” will be re-orchestrated.
- The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Outdoor Kitchen Menus have been released. In addition, The Garden Rocks Concert Series Dining Packages are now available. This package allows Guests to pair your favorite Epcot meal with your favorite classic artist, guaranteeing you a spot for the performance. Guests can choose to enjoy a delicious meal at select Epcot restaurants for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner, depending on the dining location. The Festival runs from February 28 through May 28.
- Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be showing a sneak peak of A Wrinkle in Time. Guests will also be able to see a display of production costumes from the movie.
- A new tour at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will offer Guests an opportunity to go behind the scenes and get a peek at some of the backstage areas at Rafiki’s Planet Watch that support the park’s animal care operations. This tour will be a complimentary 30-minute experience that will be offered throughout the day. Specific backstage locations will alternate so that each experience will visit two of the following four areas: Veterinary Hospital, Science Center, Animal Nutrition Center or Invertebrate Building. Guests interested in this tour should register at the biofacts table at Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Sign-ups are available daily on a first come, first-served basis. All ages are welcome.
- Speaking of tours, another tour is being introduced to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This limited-time experience will be called A Path Less Traveled – Disney’s Animal Kingdom 20th Anniversary Tour. The price is $59 per person, plus tax. Valid theme park admission is not included, but is required for tour participation. This tour is only available from April 1 through May 5 daily. During this tour, Guests will be able to experience:
- A Visit to Rafiki’s Planet Watch: Go backstage and learn about the animal care program at our state-of-the-art veterinary hospital. You’ll also get a behind-the-scenes peek at the Animal Nutrition Center, which is where meals are prepared for the more than 1,500 animal residents.
- Birds Nest Exploration: Check on the homes of the purple martins.
- Unforgettable Elephant Encounters – Delve into the world of the park’s largest inhabitants during a one-hour Caring for Giants tour.
- VIP Viewing of Rivers of Light
- The Minnie Van service has been expanded to even more resorts. Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resort are now able to arrange their own private Disney vehicle right from their smartphone.