This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- For a limited time starting March 1, a sneak peek of Disney’s all-new grand live-action adventure, Dumbo, will be presented as part of Walt Disney Presents.
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage will be closed for refurbishment from February 24 to March 9 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak, the play area located in Storybook Circus at the Magic Kingdom, will be undergoing refurbishment through spring beginning February 11.
- Beginning March 6 at Epcot, Mariachi Cobre Presents … The Story of “Coco” brings the tender story and vibrant music of Coco to the Mexico pavilion. The incredible talents of Mariachi Cobre come together with a pair of Folklorico dancers to tell the tale of Miguel Rivera, his love of music, and his journey to find what matters most – his family. The dancers will perform to the music of the film and Miguel himself appears in the form of a whimsical, hand-crafted puppet. This new show expands the repertoire of Mariachi Cobre, who will also continue enchanting Guests at the Mexico pavilion with performances of traditional mariachi music.
- Guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort now have a new option for carrying home purchases with the release of colorful reusable shopping bags. Available for a nominal fee and offered in three sizes, these reusable shopping bags are made of 80% recycled materials, and are similar to reusable bags first introduced at the World of Disney stores last fall. Bags feature Disney character designs mixed with recognizable icons from Disney Parks, and are found in Disney owned-and-operated shops. At Walt Disney World, there will be seven bags introduced: a bag at each of the four theme parks; a bag for owned-and-operated shops at Disney Springs; a shared Walt Disney World Resort-inspired bag for Resort Hotels, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and other merchandise locations; and the existing World of Disney bag. Small bags are $1.00, medium bags are $1.50, and large bags are $2.00.