This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Maleficent has returned to the Magic Kingdom’s Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade. She still features her Steampunk style, but she is sporting a refreshed look, with enhanced with new safety features. The parade float was damaged back in May 2018 due to her catching on fire.
- The Planet Hollywood Super Store at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be closing on February 2 to make way for an expansion of the Legends of Hollywood store. Guests looking for Planet Hollywood merchandise can still visit the Disney Springs merchandise location.
- Reservations are now open for Toledo – Tapas, Steak and Seafood, the rooftop restaurant that will be found at the Grand Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. The table service restaurant will open in July 2019.
- José Andrés’ will be introducing a new counter service location, called Pepe, which will be opening this winter at Disney Springs. The restaurant will be attached to the upcoming, new Jaleo. Pepe by José Andrés will feature an extensive menu of hot and cold Spanish-style sandwiches including bocatas and bikinis, showcasing the best of José’s native Spain. Additionally, salads, soups and sides along with Spanish sangria will be served.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort is now accepting Guest reservations for stays beginning in December 2019. This all-new resort coming to Walt Disney World Resort is slated to be the 15th Disney Vacation Club property and will immerse Guests in the grandeur and enchantment of the European Riviera. Disney’s Riviera Resort will offer approximately 300 family friendly vacation homes, including deluxe studios, one- and two-bedroom villas, and grand villas that sleep up to 12 Guests each, as well as an all-new room category — tower studios, which sleep two Guests each. The resort will also feature a new, signature table-service restaurant perched on the rooftop of Disney’s Riviera Resort will be named Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera. The restaurant, featuring authentic dishes infused with French and Italian flavors. Inside, Guests can watch as their meal is prepared just for them at the exclusive expo kitchen or wood burning grill. Other dining options include Le Petit Café, an inviting lobby locale with fresh-brewed coffee aromas by day and a bustling wine bar by night. The new quick-service location, Primo Piatto, reminiscent of chic dining venues found along Riviera promenades, will be conveniently located near the feature pool, and Bar Riva, an open-air pool bar with a seaside vibe featuring crisp white tiles and cool blue accents, will offer Guests a place to relax as they enjoy a cold beverage and poolside views.
Ready to get more information or to book your Universal Orlando vacation? Learn More