This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- While Disney Parks already offer delicious, diverse, plant-based options at many restaurants, Walt Disney World Resort is in the process of expanding plant-based food offerings at all major quick- and table-service locations. Starting October 1, quick service locations will offer these items and October 3, table service locations will roll them out. These items will be easy to find on menus at Walt Disney World and noted with a green leaf icon. Plant-based food refers to foods derived from plants, including fruits and vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds and legumes. Disney’s plant-based items are crafted without animal meat, dairy, eggs or honey. More information can be found here.
- Disney announced that this spring, a reimagined venue will become the “Mickey Shorts Theater.” While the Walt Disney World Resort hasn’t confirmed what will be shown in this new venue, the name of the reimagined theater seems to confirm that Mickey Mouse shorts will be the main feature. More details can be found here.
- Mariachi Cobre was recently joined by folklorico dancers to bring to life the show Mariachi Cobre Presents…The Story of “Coco” at Epcot. With vibrant dance and songs from the film, these extraordinary entertainers recount the tale of Miguel. This entertainment offering will no longer be available starting September 29.
- The 2020 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival will take place March 4 to June 1. More details found here.
- Beginning September 29, Big Top Souvenirs, located in Storybook Circus at the Magic Kingdom, will feature ear hat personalization. Guests seeking to have their ear hats embroidered can visit Big Top Souvenirs, Fantasy Faire in Fantasyland, and The Chapeau on Main Street, U.S.A.
- As Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration comes to an end, locations for some of the character greetings will be adjusted throughout the Magic Kingdom:
- Mickey Mouse will greet Guests in his Magician outfit in Town Square Theater starting October 1. Mickey and Minnie Mouse will no longer meet in their Celebration outfits after September 30.
- Pluto will roam around Storybook Circus in the morning and greet Guests in the afternoon in Calliope Tent (near the Walt Disney World Railroad station in Storybook Circus) starting October 1.
- Minnie will rejoin Daisy, Donald, and Goofy at Pete’s Silly Sideshow on October 3.
- Chip and Dale will roam Frontierland in the morning and greet Guests in the afternoon at the Splash Mountain Exit starting October 1.
- Anastasia, Drizella, and Fairy Godmother will greet Guests at the Castle archways next to Pinocchio Village Haus starting October 1.