This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Choza de Margarita, a new walk-up window for authentic Mexican beverages and street fare is finally opened to Guests in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot. The menu offers three hand-crafted and three frozen margaritas along with a variety of other beverage options. Available small bites include Tacos al Pastor, Empanadas de Barbacoa, and guacamole.
- Guests on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will now board Starspeeders and discover a thrilling new journey to the farthest reaches of space and find themselves landing on a planet in the outer rim of the Star Wars galaxy – a planet known as Batuu. Batuu will be the name of the location that Guests experience as part of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.This remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes, but its prominence was bypassed by the rise of hyperspace travel. Now home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, it has become a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. It’s also a convenient safe haven for those intent on avoiding the expanding reach of the First Order.
- As one of the busiest times of the year approaches and due to the Transportation Security Administration has enhanced its security measures, The Orlando International Airport has changed its advisory times and is now recommending that travelers arrive at least three hours prior to their scheduled departure time. In support of this recommendation, Disney’s Magical Express will adjust its operation and resort motorcoach departure times will be scheduled approximately four hours prior to the Guest’s scheduled flight departure time for domestic and international flights. The Resort Airline Check-in desk at Walt Disney World Resort hotels will operate 4 a.m.-noon, daily. In addition, Guests using the Resort Airline Check-in service must now check in for their flight at least four hours prior to their scheduled departure time.
- On November 21, the newly re-imagined Ale & Compass Restaurant and Lounge will open at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort for Guests to enjoy the gastropub ambience and New-England inspired menu items for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The operating hours for the new Ale & Compass Restaurant will be the following:
- Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner: 5:00 p.m. -9:00 p.m.