This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Beginning January 26, Muppet*Vision 3D will be closed for refurbishment. During the closure, some upgrades to the theater will be added including new seats and curtains. The attraction is expected to reopen to Guests on February 9.
- The attractions found within the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot will operate from park open to park close from January 12 to February 29. (These attractions usually close at 7:00 p.m.) Open will be Journey to Imagination with Figment, the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival and the new Mickey Mouse character greeting location.
- Earlier this month, the Walt Disney World Resort confirmed that Epcot’s Monorail beam would be undergoing construction on select dates starting from January 13, delaying the opening of the Epcot Monorail to 10:00 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays until further notice. That refurbishment work has been delayed.
- From January 13 to January 26, portions of the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop located at Disney Springs will be undergoing refurbishment. The actual location is expected to remain open to Guests while the work is completed.
- The Erwin Pearl shop located in The Landing at Disney Springs is now closed.
- Chicken Guy will be expanded into The Store at Planet Hollywood. When the project is completed, the indoor seating area will be able to accommodate more Guests.
- Blizzard Beach was originally scheduled to be closed through January 4, reopening to guests on January 5. The reopening has now been pushed back even further to January 20. Typhoon Lagoon will remain open until Blizzard Beach reopens before it begins its refurbishment.