This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Sid Cahuengas One of a Kind Shop that was found in the front of Disney’s Hollywood Studios is now closed to make way for a full MyMagic+ service center. The location previously saw the front porch taken over by MyMagic+ terminals. The unique shop’s merchandise, which included Hollywood memorabilia, as well as actor’s autographs, will be relocated to the AFI Showcase shop at the end of The Studio Backlot Tour.
- A few refurbishments have been listed:
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin at the Magic Kingdom will be closed from January 13 – 16.
- The Liberty Square Riverboat at the Magic Kingdom will be closed from January 21 – 30.
- The Barnstormer at the Magic Kingdom will be closed from February 3 – 5.
- The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover will be closed from February 10 – March 27.
- Pinocchio Village Haus at the Magic Kingdom will be closed from February 17 – March 30.
- The Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom will be closed from February 17 – March 15.
- The Stave Church in Norway at Epcot is expected to reopen on December 1, with a new exhibit called “Norsk Kultur, Inpiration for Disney’s Frozen“.
- Disney has announced all the various restaurants that will be holding special Thanksgiving meals during the Holiday season. For a full list on participating restaurants, as well as menu offerings and pricing, please check this link for more details.
- MagicBands are being used now for all Extra Magic Hour Mornings for guests to gain entry into the park. Guest’s bands will be scanned at the front to check eligibility. For those guests who hold RFID Key to the World cards, they can use those instead of the MagicBand. Guests staying at the Swan and Dolphin, Shades of Green, or any of the Extra Magic Hour eligible hotels will continue to enter the parks using their hotel key cards.
- A couple of weeks ago, I made mention that Epcot was testing a new tiered system for Fastpass+ reservations. It appears that now Hollywood Studios is testing the same tiered system. FastPass+ experiences will be able to be selected from two groups of attractions. One selection from Level 1 attractions (more of the headliner attractions) and two selections from Level 2 attractions (more of the secondary attractions). The groups are as follows:
Group 1 (Choose ONE option)
- Beauty and the Beast
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Mania
Group 2 (Choose TWO options)
- Disney J- Live on Stage
- The Great Movie Ride
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
- MuppetVision 3D
- Star Tours
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror