This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- The first performance of Winged Encounters at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Extra Magic Hours mornings will adjust to 8:44 a.m.
- New for this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival Festival’s Eat to the Beat concert series, Guests can secure a spot for concert performances with a FastPass+ selection! The Eat to the Beat FastPass+ entitlement will be part of the Tier 1 group, which includes the Livin’ With the Land, Soarin’, Test Track, and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Guests can redeem their FastPass+ entitlement at the America Gardens Theatre 20 minutes prior to the show. There will be a separate queue for Guests with FastPass+ selections. For more information on the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, click here.
- Disney has started ticket sales for next month’s Star Wars ‘Force Friday Merchandise Event’ at Downtown Disney’s Once Upon a Toy. For $50, the ticket buys you the opportunity to be among the first to purchase new Star Wars and Star Wars: The Force Awakens themed merchandise, including Disney Theme Park Merchandise exclusives and licensed products. Purchase limits will apply. Guests will also receive an amenity gift of a Force Friday Logo Messenger Bag. The event begins at 12:01 a.m. on September 4. Tickets are available at http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/
- runDisney has announced a new series of races taking place at Walt Disney World inspired by the Star Wars universe. The race will be themed around The Dark Side of the Force and will feature a Half Marathon, kids races, a 5K and a 10K. The race weekend will be April 14 – 17 2016, with Race registration opening on September 22.
- The introduction of allergy-friendly menus at Disney-operated table-service and quick-service restaurants began in a phased approach earlier this spring. The rollout is now over and today, more than 75 restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort offer allergy-friendly menus focusing on the most common allergens, including gluten/wheat, milk, peanut, tree nut and fish.
- Buses from Disney’s Hollywood Studios returning to Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside and Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter will now have separate load zones. Riverside Guests will use Load Zone 10. French Quarter Guests will use Load Zone 11.
- This Labor Day weekend, enjoy Red, White and Blue on the Bayou on Sept. 6 at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside. There will be barbecue and specialty Food & Beverage offerings by the pool deck, along with poolside activities throughout the day. Events at the Courtyard include fair games, booths and entertainment. Tie dye activities and merchandise will be offered for purchase.
- Courtesy Guest wheelchairs will no longer be available at Walt Disney World Resort hotels. However, resort Guests can rent wheelchair equipment from featured vendors.