This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- New for this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be Club Villain, a dance party with your favorite Disney baddies and it will take place at The Diamond Horseshoe in Liberty Square. For more information on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, visit our page all about the event.
- Currently work is being done on The Yankee Trader shop to turn it into a Haunted Mansion gift shop. It would appear that the work will be much more intensive than we thought, as the shop will now not reopen until January 1, 2015. (The previous reopen date was October 1.) In addition, The Haunted Mansion will see a closure from December 1-19, furthering speculation that this new gift shop will house a place to also purchase an on-ride photo.
- A new “test” is taking place right now at the Magic Kingdom’s Be Our Guest Restaurant. During this test, which is only taking place during the counter service lunch option, guests are given a paper FastPass, with a return time, indicating when you will be able to come back, order your meal, and dine at the restaurant. Keep in mind that there is a very limited availability of standby tickets. There has been no word on how long this test will take place. Dinner will remain as a table service location.
- The Frozen Summer Fun event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been extended. It will now last until September 28, however beginning September 5, fireworks will only take place on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The Premium Packages have gone back on sale as well for the weekend dates.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights will take place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from November 7 through January 4, 2015.
- It’s Tough To Be A Bug at Disney’s Animal Kingdom was supposed to reopen today from its refurbishment, however, it has been extended now to last until September 27.
- Two characters from the upcoming Big Hero 6 movie will be meeting with guests beginning sometime this Fall at Walt Disney World. No other information is known at this time.