This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Reminder: Liberty Tree Tavern will be closing for a refurbishment beginning today.
- The Magic of Disney Animation will officially close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 12. This will include the meet and greets, the movie with Mushu and the Animation Academy.
- “The Chew” to tape live at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. The cast will film five episodes on Oct. 7, 8 and 9 and the episodes will air during the week of Oct. 12 -16. Also, for the first time ever, there will be two Marketplace booths found in Future World in the new Next Eats area. The first new booth is the Sustainable Chew Marketplace will be where festival-goers can enjoy dishes inspired by “The Chew” co-hosts. Dishes will include savory pork spareribs with red wine and fennel with cheesy mascarpone grits; ricotta & zucchini ravioli with tomato sauce; and vanilla panna cotta with fresh figs and pistachio brittle. The second new Future World Marketplace found at the Next Eats section will feature the Chew Lab, where Disney chefs will collaborate with “The Chew,” to create a cutting-edge marketplace inspired by food-science labs and the hottest culinary tech trends.
- Guests can now take part in a brand new Disney Family Culinary Adventure experience at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. During this interactive evening that lasts approximately four hours, guests will be able to prepare and cook a five-course dinner to be served in the kitchen. The Disney Family Culinary Adventure is aimed for the whole family, beginning with guests age 9 or older and the tour can accommodate up to 30 guests. Experiences can include learning how to make pasta from scratch, roll sushi, or make farmer cheese. After dining, guests will be presented with a cookbook signed by the Chefs and a white Chef’s hat. The program is planned two evenings a week (days vary), starting at 5:00 p.m. This experience costs $175 per adults and $125 for those ages 9-12.
- DisneyQuest will officially be closing in 2016 to make way for the NBA Experience at Disney Springs.