This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- A new lounge area has cropped up at Epcot called D-Zone in the corridor behind Epcot’s Character Spot. This new area includes places to charge your phone, sit for a while in the air conditioning, and grab a drink.
- Captain EO will be returning to the Magic Eye Theater at the Imagination Pavilion on July 19.
- Selfie sticks have been banned property-wide at Walt Disney World. Guests who are seen with selfie sticks must hand them over to a Cast Member who will tag them and then take them to guest relations for a pick up when the guest exits.
- Fourth of July details have been released for Walt Disney World. “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will be performed at 9:00 p.m. on both July 3 and July 4. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the “Rockin’ Fourth of July Celebration” fireworks show at 10:15 p.m. on July 4. At Epcot, “Illuminations: Reflections of Earth” will take place with its July 4 finale at 10:00 p.m. on July 4. For more information about the Fourth of July at Walt Disney World, visit our Fourth of July Guide.
- At Old Key West, to celebrate Fourth of July, guests can participate in pool parties, contests, arts and crafts, and a golf cart parade.
- A new test will be taking place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for how park opening will work. On non-Extra Magic Hour days, guests will be able to enter The Oasis up to 30 minutes prior to the park’s official open. Guests entering early will be able to set up FastPass+ selections, rent wheelchairs, and speak with Cast Members. No attractions will be open at this time. This test is expected to last until the end of July.
- Flame Tree Barbeque will open on June 30.
- The water park winter refurbishment schedule has been released. Typhoon Lagoon will be closed from October 25 through to January 2 2016. Blizzard Beach will be closed from January 3 through to March 12, 2016.
- The Pirate rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort have seen a bit of a makeover. The rooms will now include details collected from Captains Jack Sparrow’s adventures including Aztec coins, sword handles, a Jolly Roger and custom lanterns. Finally, there will be pirate map-themed carpets and the vanity that is themed to look like a captain’s desk.