- Changes have been made in how Guests may now make FastPass+ selections going forward.
- First, Guests will now be able to choose individual FastPass+ experiences and times, and will no longer need to make all selections for the same day at the same time.
- Second, Guests will continue to be able to select up to three experiences in advance, however, they now will be able to book fewer than three selections, if they so desire.
- Third, when Guests have used their first three FastPass+ selections, they will now be able to make an additional FastPass+ selection (their fourth rolling FastPass) via the My Disney Experience mobile app. It will no longer be necessary to utilize only the in-park kiosks, though you will still have that option going forward, as well. Once you’ve used the fourth, they will be able to select another, and so on.
- Guests will soon be able to participate in a special ticketed event called Disney Early Morning Magic. During this event, a very limited number of Guests will be able to enjoy Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan’s Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in Fantasyland. Guests will then be able to experience a breakfast at Pinocchio’s Village House. Disney Early Morning Magic will take place on select mornings prior to the park opening, April 26 – June 28:
- April 26, 30
- May 3, 7, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31
- June 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28
Both park admission and a reservation are required for Disney Early Morning Magic. Pricing is $69 plus tax for adults and $59 plus tax for children (ages 3-9).
- The upcoming nighttime spectacular, Rivers of Light, as well as Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s other nighttime events have been delayed. The show will no longer be opening on April 22. Disney has announced they will be sharing more details in mid-May about when the show will debut.
- To celebrate Earth Day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Party for the Planet presented by Disneynature will invite Guests can discover fun and engaging activities within every land of the park that encourages them to connect with nature. There will be special food and merchandise offerings, engaging activities that will help young Guests learn about the world around them and Jiminy Cricket will make special appearances at Rafiki’s Planet Watch throughout the week to commemorate the occasion. For full details on what the day will entail, make sure to check out our Earth Day page.
- Flights of Wonder continues to be closed for refurbishment. Shows are anticipated to begin taking place again on April 17.
- Guests may enjoy a new splash zone at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter. Decked out in the bold hues of Mardi Gras gold, purple and green, this new aquatic play area lets Guests 48 inches and under enjoy water slides, play with fun water cannons, and splish-splash among fountains. The new area is located next to the Doubloon Lagoon pool.
- Ample Hills Creamery, a Brooklyn-based company known for their creative approach to all things ice cream, will open a location at Disney’s BoardWalk featuring their signature products, including a one-of-a-kind flavor exclusive to the Walt Disney World Resort. Guests will stroll the promenade enjoying unique flavors such as Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Malty Salty Pretzel Punch and Coffee Toffee Coffee. The restaurant is expected to open this spring.
Guests will be able to celebrate African culture at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge on Wednesday, April 13, from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. in the Jambo House lobby. There will be music, dancing and plenty of inspiring pride as they represent their home countries. Guests can also have their faces painted and learn about the many activities that are a part of African culture.