This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Tortuga Tavern, located in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom, has a brand-new menu featuring barbecue offerings. New menu items include barbecue sandwiches with pulled pork, sliced beef brisket or grilled chicken breast, all served on Texas toast with beans and cole slaw. A roasted corn and vegetable salad served with vinaigrette dressing is also available as a lighter meal option. Tortuga Tavern will continue to operate seasonally.
- The taping of the ABC Christmas Day Parade will be held on November 10 – 13 at the Magic Kingdom. This year’s parade will be titled “Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration”.
Soarin’ will be closed for a lengthy refurbishment from January 4, 2016 and reopening in the summer of 2016.
- The full list of narrators for Candlelight Processional at Epcot has been announced. The narrators include:
- Gary Sinise – November 27 to 29
- Neil Patrick Harris – November 30 to December 3
- Whoopi Goldberg – December 4 and 5
- Joe Morton – December 6 to 8
- Ana Gasteyer – December 9 to 11
- Meredith Vieira – December 12 to 14
- America Ferrera – December 15 to 17
- Chandra Wilson – December 18 to 20
- Daniel Dae Kim – December 21 to 23
- Edward James Olmos – December 24 to 26
- Blair Underwood – December 27 to 28
- Amy Grant – December 29 to 30
- Beginning December 4, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is opening a new special event venue that will host a variety of entertainment experiences over time. Located on Sunset Boulevard, Sunset Showcase will initially open with Club Disney where Guests can join Mickey Mouse and friends on the dance floor in this electric club environment. In addition, a DJ Club Host will spin the perfect playlist of everyone’s favorite Radio Disney Top 40 songs as the floor and walls come alive with vivid images from classic Disney animation. Club Disney will also feature a cool seating area and snack station, where Guests can refuel and recharge – both themselves and their electronic devices.
To celebrate the opening of the new “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” film, there will be an opening night event on Dec. 17. This special ticketed event will begin at the AMC Disney Springs 24 Theatres between 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., when event Guests will get a confirmed seat at the first few public showings of the new film and then enjoy a private, after-hours party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that will last until 2:00 a.m. The party will include access to the new Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, and a DJ dance party. The night will be capped off with the preview of a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic “Star Wars” score. Event attendees will also get a commemorative souvenir event ticket. Ticket prices reflect a variety of format options for the movie, including 2D ($94.99), 3D ($98.99) and 3D ETX ($99.99). All ticket options will include access to the party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Marketplace Co-Op will soon open a new retail shop known as Twenty Eight & Main. The shop will feature stylish men’s clothing and accessories designed for the discerning gentleman. As a result, the Trophy Room will close to make way for Twenty Eight & Main. The Trophy Room’s last day of operation is Nov. 1. Twenty Eight & Main will open on Nov. 6.
The last day of operation for the Flying Fish Café on Disney’s BoardWalk, will be January 31. In addition to a whole new look, the restaurant will also have a new menu when it reopens (some Guests’ favorites will remain). The completely reimagined dining room will still feature an onstage kitchen while incorporating an airier design, with more room for the popular Chef’s Counter and wine dinners.
- Beginning Monday, October 26 through Sunday, November 8, the Grand Slam pool at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort will be closed for resurfacing. Guests may utilize the Surfboard Bay pool at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, the Calypso pool and Piano pool at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, or the Fantasia pool and Duck Pond pool at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort.