- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a sneak peek of Disney’s all-new live-action film The Jungle Book is now being presented as part of the One Man’s Dream attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, offering Guests an advance look at scenes from the film with a special introduction by director Jon Favreau. The Jungle Book swings into theaters in 3D on April 15, 2016.
- Reservations for Club Villain have been extended into April and May. Shows will be hosted every Saturday with two shows performed nightly at 5:45 p.m. and 9 p.m. Club Villain is a ticketed dining and entertainment offering held in Sunset Showcase providing a spellbinding evening for Guests to enjoy fiendish concoctions from the Potions Bar, savor culinary delights from New Orleans and beyond, meet with the villains and dance the night away. Reservations are now available and can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
- Details are rolling in about the new nighttime safaris at Kilimanjaro Safaris. It not a new attraction, just an extension of the operating hours of Kilimanjaro Safaris. There won’t be a set time for the transition from day to night; the time will depend on when the sun sets and when dusk begins. The lights that have been added to the savanna show the effects of an everlasting sunset, which could last between 4 and 5 hours each evening. The ride path will be adjusted and the trucks will make longer stops which will give Guests more time to see the animals in the sunset-lit savanna landscape. Once the safaris transition into the nighttime portion, Guests will be asked to refrain from using flash photography. Other animal experiences, like the Wilderness Explorers, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Rafiki’s Planet Watch and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, will continue to close at sunset.
- Disney’s Night of Joy 2016, a Contemporary Christian musical extravaganza will take place for first time ever at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex on September 9–10. This year’s event includes the following top performers and groups:
- Friday, Sept. 9 – MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Crowder, Matthew West, Stars Go Dim, Zealand Worship
- Saturday, Sept. 10 – newsboys, for King & Country, Young & Free, Switchfoot, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Tim Timmons
Guests will be able to enjoy ample seating at indoor and outdoor venues, amazing performances on multiple stages, including Champion Stadium, and opportunities for fellowship and fun. Multiple ticket options will be available. Tickets for Disney’s Night of Joy 2016 will go on sale in mid-April.
- On Sunday, March 27, Guests can enjoy A Grand Brunch at 1900 Park Fare where families can enjoy an all-you-care-to-enjoy brunch buffet from 12:45 p.m. – 2:10 p.m. This pre fix meal will cost $23.99 for adults and $12.99 for children (ages 3-9). Guests will enjoy custom-made omeletes, carved meat stations, classic brunch dishes, and Mickey-shaped waffle to complete the practically perfect brunch.
- For those who will be celebrating Easter, the Walt Disney World Resort will host religious services on Sunday, March 27, in the Fantasia Ballroom of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The Catholic Mass will take place at 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The Protestant Service will occur at 9:15 a.m. For more information about Easter at Walt Disney World, visit our Easter holiday page.
- The Old Faithful Club, the concierge lounge at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, has relocated to the Vice Presidential Suite on the seventh floor. The lounge will remain in this location until the Old Faithful Club has been fully reimagined.