This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
We’ll be setting sail on the Disney Dream this fall. It’s our first cruise, and much of our time is spent planning the details of the trip and dreaming about the fun I know we’ll have! It’s a three night cruise, and time will pass quickly. Since the ship itself is a destination to us, we are creating our own sea day by staying onboard in Nassau.
We’re trying to strike a good balance with planning some specific things that we want to do while keeping in mind that we also would like some time just to sit and savor the ship’s atmosphere. Here are the top cruise features and activities we are looking forward to the most!
- Magic Porthole Knowing that we will be in the stateroom only for sleeping and showering, we booked an interior stateroom. Over the queen bed is a Magic Porthole with (video) real time views of the outside, which is pretty cool! The coolest thing, though, is the fact that Disney magic will have some favorite characters swim or float by our porthole at random times! I seriously cannot wait to marvel over this fantastic room feature!
- Midship Detective Agency This is an interactive game that uses RFID cards, and will be a great way to explore the ship. It’s fun. It’s free. It’s going to be a “must do!”
- Characters I get goosebumps when I see characters at Disney Parks, and knowing that I get to greet my friends on the Disney Dream already has me grinning ear to ear!
- The AquaDuck and Goofy’s Sports Deck The AquaDuck is a 765 feet long water roller coaster in which part of the tube extends over the ship, and it’s a ride we must try! Goofy’s Sports Deck has some activities such as basketball hoops and mini golf. The fact that we can do this while enjoying a view of the sea makes some sports playtime hit our want to try list.
- The Shows We’ll get to sit back, relax, and enjoy a Broadway style show each evening.
- Halloween on the High Seas Our cruise will include some Halloween festivities, and what a fun holiday that will be to celebrate at sea!
- The Food!! I’m looking forward to the food so much that this topic deserves subcategories!
- Rotational Dining Dining at Animator’s Palate, Enchanted Garden, and Royal Palace with the wonderful restaurant themes, scrumptious food, and a top notch serving staff is going to be awesome.
- The Drink of the Day Tropical Drink + Ocean Breezes = Bliss
- Eye Scream Treats We will have access to all the ice cream we can eat!
- Room Service I think of it as pure magic to pick up a phone, request a Mickey Bar, and have it brought straight to our stateroom. I was told to not miss out on the cheese plate. Cheese!? Yes, please!
I saved the biggest we-can’t-wait-to-do-this dream for last……..Castaway Cay!
Castaway Cay One day doesn’t seem enough to spend at this island paradise! We have a couple of activities planned, and will spend the rest of the day soaking in the sun and relaxing. Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island, is one of the things we’re looking forward to most during our cruise.
We plan to pack as much fun as possible into our three day cruise, and may consider booking another cruise someday so we can repeat some favorite activities and try some new things.
What do you look forward to the most when you plan a Disney Cruise?
Incoming search terms:
- https://www themouseforless com/blog_world/eight-great-things-disney-dream/