This weekend, people all over will be flocking to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and you knew that the Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort are getting in on the fun! Many of the restaurants are offering up special meals, beverages, desserts, and more to commemorate the occasion. Take a look at where you can go to partake in the festivities.
Walt Disney World
The Edison in Disney Springs is offering a special burger and great beverage pairings:
- The Diablo Burger: An explosion of Latin flavor, this burger features a 10 oz blend of sirloin, short rib, and brisket topped with a fried egg, salsa, Cotija cheese, and jalapeños for an extra kick.
- Flor de Maravilla: This drink takes a well-aged tequila and couples it with southwestern flavors of spice to capture the spirit of the Mexican heritage of colors. It is made with Meastro Dobel Resposado Tequila, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chili Liquor, Maestro Dobel Humito, Solerno Blood Orange, Campari, Passion Fruit Cordial, Blood Orange Juice and served in a rocks glass with a strawberry garnish and a cocoa chili rubbed rim.
- Crooked Stave Von Pilsner: Combining super soft water and the finest German hops, this unfiltered keller pilsner is fantastic. Brewed as a traditional European continental pilsner, this is what beer tastes like pouring from the wooden vats used to make lager beer for centuries in the Czech Republic town of Plze?.
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Downtown Disney’s Tortilla Jo’s for a feast of traditional Mexican dishes, folk music, and more! On Saturday, May 5th, Guests will be able to choose from a custom a la carte menu of delicacies. There will also be a mariachi band performance with live entertainment from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The family friendly event will be complete with a balloon artist, face painting from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., and photo opportunities with props.
The menu will include:
- Aguachiles a la Zaragoza: Citrus Guajillo marinated Mexican shrimp, served with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, cilantro and avocado
- Ensalada Poblana: Baby mixed green salad with sheered jicama, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, carrots, cilantro and tamarind vinaigrette
- Tacos a la batalla: 3 corn tortillas filled with braised lamb, onion, cilantro and salsa de arbol served with rice and beans
- Pescado Cinco de Mayo: Pan seared halibut filet served over rajas con crema, sautéed corn, tomatoes, house made Mexican chorizo and mushrooms
- Camote en Dulce de Leche: Baked sweet potato served with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce
There will also be a spirited celebration at UVA Bar & Café with dedicated Cinco de Mayo menu offerings and signature craft cocktail specials. Classic margaritas will be available to order along with a variety of other flavors such as strawberry, mango, watermelon, and raspberry. There will also be a special menu that includes:
- Torta de Hamburgesa: Signature Beef blend, Tellera bread, Guajillo sauce, refried pinto beans, avocado, shredded lettuce, queso fresco, pickled red onion, pickled jalapenos
- Mole Chicken Wings: Wings tossed in a Mole sauce, garnished with white sesame seeds, green onion, served with lime crema.
- Chips & Salsa: Corn tortilla chips served with tomato salsa
- Guajillo Shrimp Tostadas: Tostada shells, served with Guajillo and lime shrimp, corn and avocado salsa, topped with Lime crema
- Ancho Short Rib Tacos: Corn tortilla, Ancho Chile braised short ribs, house made coleslaw, cilantro lime vinaigrette, pickled red onion
- Spicy Chocolate Martini: Patron xo café incendio, baileys, aztec chocolate bitters and whipped cream
- Perfect Patron Palmoa: Patron silver tequila, agave nectar, fresh pink grapefruit juice, lime juice
- Repo Old Fashioned: Patron reposado, agave nectar, orange, orange bitters and luxardo cherry
- Patron Tequila Taster: .75oz Silver, .75oz Reposado, .75oz Anejo
- Oskar Blues Beerito Mexican Lager: Light bodied, amber Mexican lager brewed with premium German and Colorado sourced craft malts, featuring a crisp accent from noble hops
- El Sully 21ST Amendment Brewery: A crisp Mexican-style lager with light notes of spice from Northern Brewer hops
It’s going to be a delicious weekend, whether you’re visiting Walt Disney World or Disneyland! Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Did you like this article? Make sure to share it with your friends! Check below for easy ways to share!
Incoming search terms:
- https://www themouseforless com/blog_world/cinco-de-mayo-disney/