This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Two new Outdoor Kitchens will join this year’s Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. They will be La Isla Fresca, serving Caribbean delicacies such as Jamaican Braised Beef with Pigeon-Pea Rice, Jerk-Spiced Grouper, or Chicken with Mango Salsa and Cider House will serve dishes like a Field Greens salad with greens harvested from The Land Pavilion, heirloom apples, Stilton cheese and dried blueberries will pair well with a blueberry hard cider from Plant City, Fl.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, a few locations introduced new menu items that you should be sure to try on your next visit. They include:
- At the Dawa Bar, enjoy a new Chenza Cooler made with Snow Leopard Vodka and thirst-quenching Tangerine Lemonade.
- In Harambe Market, entrees will now be served with a black-eyed pea, corn and tomato salad.
- The Smiling Crocodile is now serving cheddar grits with pulled pork and a chicken drumstick with potato salad.
- Guests will now be able to enjoy the ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort from 7:30 a.m. until noon daily.
- The Beach Pool slide at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort will be closed February 8–28. The Beach Pool will remain open during this work.
- The Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be closed for refurbishment from February 1–March 18. During this time, Guests may enjoy the Contemporary Feature Pool or Bay Lake Pool.
- All pool decks at Disney’s All-Star Resort will close at 9 p.m. and the gates will be locked, as Guests will no longer be able to be on the pool deck when a lifeguard is off duty.
- Guests can now make changes to existing dining reservations via Disney’s website, up to 20 minutes prior to your reservation. Previously, any changes to seating date or time, or the number of guests had to be done by calling Disney or by cancelling the reservation and starting over. The new feature is currently only available on the website, and not on the My Disney Experience app.
2 thoughts on “Rikki’s Mouse Bites – Walt Disney World News 2/1/16”
Do you know the lineup for the bands for epcot this spring?
Not quite yet. I expect that to be released soon. I’ll make sure to post it as soon as I know.