This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Mickey’s Boo To You Halloween Parade during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be updated this year with new floats and characters. A new unit brings Edna Mode, Mr. Incredible and Mrs. Incredible from The Incredibles followed by Buzz Lightyear and Alien explorers discovering crystalline treasures on the surface of a planetary playset float. More details can be found here.
- During this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, there will be some great new additions courtesy of attraction overlays! Here is what you can expect:
- Tomorrowland Speedway: During the party, you’ll find yourself cruising a festive freeway filled with thousands of lights and stylized décor.
- Monsters Inc Laugh Floor: The monsters in the Monster World will introduce a new holiday themed show.
- Space Mountain: The attraction will feature dazzling lighting and high-energy holiday tunes.
- Mad Tea Party: spin your teacup to one of four new holiday combos of lights and music.
- Changes are coming for those who purchase the Mickey Donuts that are popular at the Magic Kingdom. First, they will no longer be eligible for the Disney Dining Plan. Second, the locations of where to find them will be changing:
- The classic vanilla and chocolate donuts are moving to the Main Street Bakery
- The strawberry donuts are headed to the Cheshire Cafe
- Beginning July 29, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can enjoy special perks at Epcot with guaranteed entertainment seating, an exclusive Photopass picture with special props, new dining discounts, and exclusive tasty treats around Future World! More details can be found here.
- The gallery found in Epcot’s China Pavilion, the “House of the Whispering Willows,” will be unavailable from July 30 to August 1. The gallery will reopen to Guests on August 2.
- Primeval Whirl is still dealing with major technical issues that are forcing the attraction to be closed for an extended period of time. The ride will be closed through August 3. (It was previously expected to be closed through July 27). It’s still unclear when the ride will reopen to Guests.