This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will open on March 4 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This will be the first Disney ride-through attraction featuring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, that will draw guests inside a Mickey cartoon. More details can be found here.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be opening at 8:00 a.m. daily from December 9 to January 4, 2020 (except on Sundays when Morning Extra Magic Hours are already offered.)
- The new Mickey Shorts Theater will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in March 2020! Take a look at what this newly rennovated theater will look like here.
- Coming in 2020 to Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a new table-service restaurant called Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant. Here, Guests will be immersed with all their favorite toy pals in the western atmosphere of Woody’s Roundup providing a fun, family-friendly dining experience. Take a look at the new artist rendering of the restaurant here.
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be closed for refurbishment from January 6 to March 20. The attraction is currently expected to reopen to Guests on March 21.
- The new location for Art of Disney at Epcot opens on December 16 at The American Adventure.
- A new rendering of the Regal Eagle Smokehouse which is scheduled to open this winter at The American Adventure in Epcot was released. Take a look here. Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue will serve classic barbecue and home-style craft brews, celebrating American backyard barbecue with flavors from different regions around the United States.
- The all-new Space 220 table-service restaurant will debut this winter at Epcot next to Mission: SPACE. When Guests enter the restaurant, they will step into a special space elevator that will take them 220 miles above the earth’s surface and offer incredible celestial views. Guests will feel as if they are traveling straight up into space to dock next to the Centauri Space Station suspended just beyond the orbit of Mission: SPACE. Lear more about this new restaurant here.
- A new interactive adventure based on DuckTales is coming soon to World Showcase. Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure invites guests to join Scrooge McDuck, Donald, Launchpad, Webby, and the nephews in search of priceless treasure. Using the Play Disney Parks mobile app, guests take a trip around World Showcase discovering exotic destinations, exciting mysteries, and maybe even a few thieves, villains and more. To make way for this experience, Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure will close in early 2020. More details can be found here.
- Three new films will debut on January 17, 2020 at Epcot. “Awesome Planet” in The Land pavilion showcases the Earth’s beauty and diversity in a 10-minute film featuring spectacular imagery, in-theater effects, and an original musical score from Academy Award-winning composer Steven Price. “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” in the France pavilion is directed and produced by Don Hahn, producer of the animated and live-action “Beauty and the Beast” films, and invites guests to participate in a twist on a tale as old as time. It also features narration from Angela Lansbury, who played Mrs. Potts in the original film. The new sing-along will run in rotation with “Impressions de France,” which will receive an upgrade to 4K projection. Finally, “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” in the Canada pavilion is an update to the previous “O Canada!” film with new scenes, a new musical score by Canadian composer Andrew Lockington and new narration by award-winning actors Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy. More details about these films can be found here.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will begin transporting you from Walt Disney World to a galaxy far, far away beginning in 2021! This is a new type of immersive vacation that only Disney could create. It will be a two-night, cruise-style itinerary where you’ll become the hero of your own adventure in an experience that surrounds you 24/7 in Star Wars storytelling. More details can be found here.
Incoming search terms: