This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Flying with a toddler can be scary. Heck, anytime you have to keep a toddler engaged in a quiet activity for over 20 minutes is hard! Will you be “those” people on the plane with a crying kid? Will you be sitting next to someone who finds your child a huge bother? Well, even if you are those people nothing can rain on your “We are going to Disney!” parade.
One way to make sure that your child is happy is to have a toddler activity bag full and ready. This really is the way to go! I will share with you what my toddler activity bag travel go-to items are.
The typical items include:
- Water bottle with a closed lid. When the flight crew come by, you can ask them to fill the bottle up for you. Typically, they are super good about it! Shopdisney.com has some fun options.
- Individually wrapped snack items usually work best. Another plus side to these, is you can keep those extras in your bag and bring them in to the parks! BONUS!
- Play-Doh – A new Play-Doh set is usually good for at least 30-40 min of quiet fun. This activity tends to last us on the way to Disney and the way home.
- Magnet games-Melissa and Doug, make some great Disney character dress up sets. Some have some small parts, so pack along a zip-lock to keep all the pieces together.
- Crafts – Michael’s craft store has a great section of Disney family fun crafts, you can pick out a visor, bracelet or sun catcher to put together. Most cost around $3-5 dollars and do not require scissors or glue.
- Colorforms– Some of you might remember these from your childhood. Again, a quiet activity that packs down pretty small for easy transport.
To round everything out, I would also consider investing in a kid size rolling suit case. You can load that bag up with everything that is just for them. They will have fun pulling it through the airport and be able to slide it right under the seat of the plane. This makes it easy for you as they can reach and access all of their own stuff.
I would like to know what your go-to items are for your toddler activity bag! Please share with us! Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook or Twitter.
Did you like this article? Make sure to share it with your friends! Check below for easy ways to share!
Want to visit a Disney Destination? Contact The Magic for Less Travel for more information and a free, no-obligation quote.