This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- A brand new upcharge experience in the form of a dessert party has been added to this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Called the “Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle” Dessert Party, this event will include many perks, including:
- a preferred viewing area for the 8:15 p.m. “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade”
- preferred viewing location for “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks
- a special dessert party located at Cinderella’s Royal Table, hosted by Lady Tremaine where the restaurant will be transformed into a villainous atmosphere, with a piano player and and solos from host. In addition, some of her villain friends will make appearances. The menu will include over-the-top desserts and non-alcoholic beverages, plus guests will also receive an autograph card and a souvenir Maleficent Dragon cup. The cost of this experience is $99, plus tax. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party admission is also required.
- For the Holiday season, the Jingle Cruise will be returning to the Jungle Cruise beginning November 7. The Jingle Cruise’s theme saw the skippers who were homesick at the holidays decorating their boats and the boathouse, giving themselves just a little holiday cheer.
- At the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, there will be a lengthy refurbishment, but not of the entire trail. Instead, only a part of the trail will be worked on. Effected are the underwater hippo exhibit, the aviary, and the research outpost will all be closed from September 3 until mid-November.
- Four World Showcase acts will be leaving at the end of September. On September 25, the World Showcase Players found in the United Kingdom Pavilion will have their last show. Off Kilter, Mo’rockin, and The Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps will have their final performances on September 27. New groups will make their way into World Showcase this Fall. They include Sbandieratori Flags (Italy – flag choreography), Canadian Lumberjack Show (Canada – thrill show), B’net Houariyat (Morocco – musical act) and Scottish Musical Trio (UK – Celtic musical act).
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ Starbucks has been announced. The new coffee shop will open in February 2015 at the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd in the former L.A. Prop Cinema Storage Shop. The new Starbucks will be known as the Trolley Car Cafe. Two other Starbucks locations currently exist in the parks, the Magic Kingdom has the Main Street Bakery and Epcot has the Fountain View. There are also two Starbucks locations at Downtown Disney.
- The Pineapple Lanai at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has officially opened. This kiosk window serves up only Dole Whip treats, including regular Dole Whips, Dole Whip Swirls, and Dole Whip Floats. Guests can also get their Dole Whip in a souvenir container. The kiosk is open from 12:00 p.m. until and hour after the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks.