This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- There has been a change to the Fantasmic! Dining Package at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for 2018. Beginning on January 1, 2018, Guests who book the Fantasmic! Dining Package at The Hollywood Brown Derby or Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano. At these two restaurants, Guests will have the option of selecting one entrée, one dessert, and one non-alcoholic beverage in addition to VIP seating at the show as part of their dining package. For 2018, the dining package pricing will change and will no longer include an appetizer.
- Hollywood Brown Derby
Now: Lunch/dinner – $65 adults; $22 children (plus tax and gratuity)
Starting January 1, 2018: Lunch/dinner – $62 adults; $22 children (plus tax and gratuity)
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Now: Lunch/dinner – $45 adults; $18 children (plus tax and gratuity)
Starting January 1, 2018: Lunch/dinner – $42 adults; $18 children (plus tax and gratuity)
- Hollywood Brown Derby
- The Mobile Order service will be expanding its availability to three Disney’s Hollywood Studios restaurants. The service will begin to be offered at Backlot Express on August 8, ABC Commissary on August 14, and PizzeRizzo on August 15. In addition, Mobile Order will be available at Epcot at the Electric Umbrella and Liberty Inn. As a reminder, during the initial launch period, the only form of payment accepted is credit card and no discounts will be available. Guests requesting to use a discount, dining plan entitlement or have special dietary requests should place their order with a cashier.
- Guests visiting Disney Springs can now experience happy hour at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar. Visitors can enjoy special prices on cocktails, wine, and draft beer, or appetizers including Jock’s Loaded Nachos, Belloq’s Bacon Fries and Double Agent Sliders. These happy hour savings are available from Monday through Thursday, 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., and on Fridays from 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Disney Springs will host the first stop of the American Idol open audition bus tour on August 17. Audition hopefuls can visit the West Side and registration will take place from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., with auditions beginning at 8:00 a.m. Those wishing to audition should arrive after 4:00 a.m., with the line formation beginning as early as 6:00 a.m. Guests will not be permitted to camp overnight, and parking will be available in the Strawberry parking lot. Guests that are unable to audition at Disney Springs on August 17 will also have the chance to submit an audition video through an “American Idol” pop-up kiosk, located in the Market Stalls in Town Center from August 18 through September 15.
- A new hyper-reality experience will take place at Disney Springs this holiday season called Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, which promises to plunge fans into the Star Wars universe. This experience will open to Guests at a new VOID Experience Centers at Disney Springs before the end of the year. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire will allow fans to move freely in an untethered, social, and multi-sensory experience, including interaction with friends, fans, and Star Wars characters.
Did you like this article? Make sure to share it with your friends! Check below for easy ways to share!