This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- The American Film Institute exhibit and shop found at the end of The Studios Backlot Tour is now closed.
- Tower of Terror has added a new on-ride video option. Guests who have purchased the Memory Maker will now be able to have an on-ride video of their experience on Tower of Terror, which will be able to be found on your My Disney Experience account.
- The American Idol Experience, which was originally slated to close in January, will now close on August 30. There has been no announcement of what will be taking place of the theater after American Idol closes.
- Captain Cook’s, the counter-service location for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, has reopened after its lengthy refurbishment. The counter service restaurant has added a few new menu options and has removed the touch-screen ordering system. In addition, the Dole Whip machine has disappeared, but will be returning at the Pineapple Lanai soon.
- The Magic Kingdom’s Golden Oak Outpost has added new covered waffle fries. There are four kinds: BLT Waffle Fries topped with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Ranch Dressing; Barbecue Pork Waffle Fries topped with Barbecue Pork and Coleslaw; Brown Gravy and Cheese Waffle Fries topped with Brown Gravy and White Cheddar;and Tex-Mex Waffle Fries topped with Black Bean Cucumber Relish, warm Cheddar and Slice Jalapenos.
- A new VIP Ultimate Tour has been introduced for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. This tour will take place on Thursdays and Sundays, lasts for six hours, and costs $399 per person, plus tax for those ages 21 and over. (Theme park admission is required and not included in the price.) To schedule this tour, call (407) WDW-TOUR. The tour will include:
- A welcome featuring champagne and appetizers at the VIP Lounge in the Festival Center.
- A ride on select attractions: Test Track, Soarin’, Spaceship Earth and Seas with Nemo and Friends.
- A beverage tasting at the VIP Lounge, as well as a six course tapas-style lunch including drink pairings.
- A backstage tour of the greenhouses in The Land Pavilion.
- A hosted tasting of three food and beverage pairings from the World Showcase Marketplace.
- VIP seating to one Eat to the Beat Concert.
- Reserved viewing spot for IllumiNations.
- Disney has entered into an agreement with PANDORA Jewelry. The jewelry will be sold at the parks and PANDORA will be the new sponsor of Wishes.
- Guests who will be using the My Disney Experience app to make dining reservations will now be able to view restaurant availability to make Advance Dining Reservations from 20 minutes out. Previously, you could only see availability up to an hour out.