- A brand new hard-ticketed event, called Villains Unleashed, has been announced to take place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This fun event, with a focus on the Disney Villains will feature over 50 different bad guys and gals. Other fun activities during the event will include special shows, like “Hades Hangout & Dance Party,” featuring DJ Igg Nite and the Underworld Dancers and “Oogie Boogie’s Variety Show;” villain meet and greets; the “Villainy in the Skies” fireworks show; a villain-themed Fantasmic! pre-show; a Star Wars villain zone; Villain face painting makeovers; specialty food and beverages; select attractions will be open, unique merchandise and more. The event will take place one night and one night only-August 23. Tickets are on sale and cost $67 for Adults (Ages 10+) and $62 for Children (Ages 3-9).
- The all new Marketplace Co-Op shop is now open at Downtown Disney’s Marketplace side and can be found in the location of the former Team Mickey store. At this new shopping location, there are six different and unique shops that guests can choose to visit, each one selling exclusive merchandise. Each boutique has a different theme. The shops are:
Disney Centerpiece: Specializes in kitchen and housewares. Centerpiece’s merchandise features bowls, plates, signs, pillows, etc., all with a Disney flair. The shop’s popular items feature fun theme park inspired wares.
- The Trophy Room: Specializes in vintage looking sports memorabilia, like hats, shirts, and collectibles.Cherry Tree Lane: Focuses on selling accessories such as purses, jewelery, and scarves. This is be the place to go if you are looking to buy a special Dooney & Bourke or Vera Bradley purse.D-Tech on Demand: Offers cell phone cases that can be custom-made, alongside pre-made options, including limited edition cases. Other electronics items can also be purchased from here, as well.Beautifully Disney: Offers guests make-up and beauty selections with a Disney theme, such as fragrances, bath products, and other beauty items.
Zoey and Pickles: The store where your teen or tween girl will want to visit. This shop features clothing and accessories, with the latest trends in mind.
- For those who have purchased the Memory Maker photo package, Disney has unveiled a new perk! Select attractions will now automatically link a guest’s on-ride photos to their My Disney Experience accounts, give that they have purchased the Memory Maker Package. The attractions that this will be available for will include:
- Magic Kingdom: Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
- Epcot: Test Track
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur, Expedition Everest
Here’s the rest of the details that you’ll need to know if you want to take advantage of this perk. Guests must use a MagicBand in order for this process to work; it cannot be done with a Key to the World RFID card. Guests who have a MagicBand but have not purchased the Memory Maker photo package will still be required to visit the photo sales counter at each attraction to touch to associate and/or purchase their photo, if they would like to purchase it. Guests with Memory Maker can view their automatically associated attraction images via their My Disney Experience account and should be viewable within an hour of the time the photo was taken. Also, in order for this to work, a guest’s MagicBands and Memory Maker cards must be linked.
- The food court at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Intermission, will be down for a lengthy refurbishment, beginning August 1 and lasting until December 20. This refurbishment work will be similar to what happened at Disney’s All-Star Sports last year. During the refurbishment a temporary grab ‘n’ go location will be setup in Note’able Games Arcade. Offerings will include salads, sandwiches and desserts. Guests will also be able to refill their Refillable mugs here too. In addition, The Singing Spirits pool bar will also provide food options. For guests who want to utilize a full food court, transportation will be available to Disney’s All Star Sports Resort.