This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Car Masters Weekends is returning to Downtown Disney, June 14-15. This festival that revolves around all thing car includes fun events such as a Car Show, where approximately 100 classic, muscle, and exotic cars will be on display; Lightning McQueen, Finn McMissle, and Mater from Cars 2, will be available for photo opportunities; a Cars and Cars 2 movie marathon will take place at the AMC Downtown Disney 24; guests can meet and take part in a Q& A session with Pixar filmmaker, Jay Ward; and automotive legend, Chip Foose, who contributed to the design of Ramone in the film Cars, will share a fun presentation, demonstrating his passion for cars. New activities for this year’s event include: a real fire truck will be on site promoting the upcoming movie, Disney’s Planes: Fire and Rescue and kids will get to try on authentic firefighter gear; the new Piston Cup Racers (Aiken Axler and Sage VanDerSpin) from the Richard Petty Driving Experience will be there; the Chevrolet Performance Mobile Tour will allow guests to take a seat in some of the latest Test Track vehicles; plus much, much more excitement to experience! It’s perfect for Father’s Day Weekend.
- Speaking of Downtown Disney, the new Starbucks location has opened on the West Side. This full service Starbucks, which is located next to Bongos Cuban Cafe, features a covered patio overlooking the Downtown Disney waterfront, a cozy fireplace, plus a Human Connection Wall, which is a large touch-screen monitor that allows guests to use their fingers to draw images. This location also features the special Clover Bar, which serves special reserve coffees which are brewed to order.
- For those of you who are excited to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen, I have good news for you. The sisters’ meet and greet at Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom has been extended. Anna and Elsa will now meet with guests all day. In addition, FastPass+ availability is now opened up for the entire day as well.
- Donald Duck has been shuffling around lately at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It appears as though he has now returned back to his original spot on the Cretaceous Trail in Dinoland U.S.A. Daisy (who Donald was previously meeting with) will continue to meet guests at the Character Landing (across from Flame Tree Barbeque) all by herself.
- For those who are fans of Festival of The Lion King, I have good news! The show has now returned! The show debuted on June 1 and is being shown in the all new Harambe Theater, found in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The show is the same as before. There is a brand new gift shop available in the area though called Mairya’s Souvenirs.