This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom will now be open during evening Extra Magic Hours.
- Beginning July 3, Tony’s Town Square Restaurant will serve Guests continuously now from 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. as opposed to offering separate lunch and dinner meal periods. The menu will not change.
- Guests will soon have even more flavors to savor when Zuri’s Sweets Shop opens. As the latest addition to Harambe Market, Zuri’s Sweets Shop is the newest merchandise location for Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Guests will be able to stop at the traditional candy counter with an African twist will feature 80 exclusive food items. Guests can buy assorted bulk trail mixes, bottles of the signature sweet and spicy sauce from Flame Tree Barbecue, themed sweets from “The Lion King,” and much more. The shop will open on June 17.
- Beginning June 15, the bats on Maharajah Jungle Trek will be offstage for 4-6 weeks while the exhibit is refurbished.
- Frozen Summer Fun will kick off this week at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 17. Guests will be able to take part in various Frozen-themed events, like a parade, a dance party, and even fireworks.
- The new attraction at Epcot in the Norway Pavilion currently under construction will be called Frozen Ever After. Through the attraction, Guests will discover that Elsa has created a winter-in-summer day for everyone to experience. Guests will experience some of their favorite Frozen characters, including the Snowgies from the animated short “Frozen Fever.” This new attraction will share favorite moments and music from the film in a new unique way, new technology and classic Disney storytelling. In addition, the “Royal Sommerhus” will be the charming setting for Guests to meet Anna and Elsa.
- At Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, poolside service is now available from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily at the Lava Pool Deck and beach. Guests can choose to have cocktails, flatbreads, sandwiches, kid’s meals, desserts and more delivered right to their spot in the sand.
- At Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Contemporary Resort, until June 30, select Guests will been asked to participate in a pilot dining test that will provide direct transportation to other resort hotel signature restaurants including:
- Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Jiko at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Flying Fish at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort.
As part of the test, Guests will receive complimentary round-trip taxi vouchers that will be delivered to their rooms upon arrival.
- At Downtown Disney, Vivoli Gelateria is now open in The Landing section.
- We have some new details about The Edison, one of the new restaurant/bar locations coming to Downtown Disney. It will be themed to a 1920’s period electric company power plant. It will feature a number of distinct spaces: The Lab performance space, The Ember Parlour, Telegraph Lounge, The Patent Office, The Tesla Lounge, The Radio Room, and a Waterfront Patio. In addition, entertainment options will include things such as contortionists, palm readers, live DJs and more. The Edison is expected to open in 2016.