This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace will be swapping places beginning this week. The two Adventureland snack kiosks will swap positions, with Aloha Isle moving to Sunshine Tree Terrace’s location (and bringing its Dole Whips) and Sunshine Tree Terrace moving to Aloha Isle’s location (and bringing its Citrus Swirls.)
- Disney has announced that a third track is being constructed for Toy Story Midway Mania. In addition, a third theater is being built for Soarin’. Soarin’ will also see other upgrades, such as updating the screens and projection system. These two updates will be introduced in late 2016.
- The Galactic Gathering will take place one day prior to Star Wars Weekends, on May 14 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The special event will include a ‘Rebel’ or ‘Empire’ retail MagicBand; commemorative trading pin; Darth’s Mall Light Speed Pass, giving expedited entry into Darth’s Mall for all five weekends; first opportunity to pre-purchase select merchandise including personalized Aurebesh nametags, D-Tech phone cases, Dooney & Bourke handbags, Galactic Gathering Disney Gift card, retail MagicBands, limited edition pins and Vinylmation; first opportunity to purchase the new designs of Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Cards; and a Han Solo-inspired popcorn bucket with popcorn. This event costs $250 per person.
- A new direct bus service loop will be tested between Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach beginning March 15. The bus service will be available from midday through one hour after park close. This is being done to accommodate for guests who want to take advantage of the new ability to park hop between the two water parks. This test will last until April 11.
- Speaking of Blizzard Beach, a new Sunglass Hut will open just inside the main entrance and will be called Sun Shades by Sunglass Hut.
- The Magic Kingdom Express Beam will see reduced daytime hours beginning March 10 and lasting throughout the summer. The affected days will be Tuesdays and Wednesdays when the Express beam will be closed from 11:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. The Resort and Epcot beams will continue to operate like normal. This is being done because the monorail is receiving automated upgrades.