This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- D-Tech Me will be returning for this year’s Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This year, guests can choose from one of six characters to get in 3D figurine form. The two new options are a TIE Fighter Pilot or a Jedi Knight. The experience will take place in Darth’s Mall, a special merchandise location only available during Star Wars Weekends. Guests can also choose from Alderaan Princess, X-Wing Pilot, Stormtrooper, and Carbonite. Guests can purchase either a 7-inch figurine for $119.95 or a 16-inch figurine for $999.95. (Plus tax and shipping). To book your experience, call (407) WDW-TECH.
- Studio Catering Co. will see a new menu. Items include: Deli Sandwich with ham, salami, pepperoni, Provolone cheese, creamy pesto spread, pepper relish and Balsamic glaze; braised pulled brisket sandwich with Munster cheese, arugula, and horseradish; vegetable wrap with garlic herb spread; and a Panini with turkey, Swiss, Provolone and honey mustard with tomato basil soup.
- Aunt Polly’s at Tom Sawyer’s Island in the Magic Kingdom is open for the busy Spring Break season. The restaurant is serving turkey sandwiches and PBJ.
- The movie, Tomorrowland, which stars George Clooney, will have an official sneak preview taking place at Epcot’s Imagination Pavilion in the Imagination Theater. The preview will even include in-theater effects. (Unfortunately, this means that Captain EO will see its last day of operation on April 9. The move is said to be temporary.)
- The United World Soccer Shop is closing in Downtown Disney’s West Side and in its place will be the new Super Hero Headquarters. It will open in early May and feature popular superhero-themed merchandise.
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is currently in soft opening. It will have an official opening sometime in April. The lounge is open from 4:00 p.m. until midnight. Keep in mind that seating is extremely limited; there are only seats for 50 indoor seats and 82 outdoor seats. There are multiple beverages and meals to enjoy. There are items exclusive to the lounge, items from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto exclusive beverages are:
- Polynesian Pearl
- Castaway Crush
- Tahitian Torch
- Dark & Tropical Stormy
Imported from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar:
- Krakatoa Punch
- Shrunken Zombie Head
Sam’s No-Booze Brews include:
- Schweitzer Fall
- Skipper Sipper
- Polynesian Punch
In addition, there will be a wide variety of small bites that guests can order. They include:
- Chicken Lettuce Cups with hosin ginger sauce
- Hawaiian Poke with Siracha aioli and wonton chips
- Kalua Pork Tacos with shredded cabbage and pickled vegetables
- Pan-fried Dumplings with soy-sesame dipping sauce
- Roasted Chicken and Pork pate banh mi sliders with pickled vegetables
- Salmon Oshizushi (press sushi)
- Corn-battered Portuguese Sausages with curry ketchup
- Headhunter Sushi Roll