This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade premiered at the Magic Kingdom to great fanfare.
Three Magic Kingdom refurbishments are scheduled that you should be aware of:
- The Swiss Family Treehouse will be closed for refurbishment from March 17 – 28.
- The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover will be closed for refurbishment from May 3 – July 1.
- The AstroOrbiter will be closed from May 3 – August 20.
- Pollo Campero, Bodie’s All-American Burgers, and Babycakes NYC will all close on March 19, due to construction for Disney Springs. For more information about this closure, as well as where you can still get Babycakes products, check out this blog post.
- A brand new restaurant has opened up inside Coronado Springs Resort. Las Ventanas is a small dining establishment that serves breakfast (from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.) and lunch (from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) The cuisine is one with southwest/Mexican inspiration. The restaurant can be found next to Rix Lounge. (It was formerly a private dining area for the lounge).
- Annual Passholders will soon be able to customize and order their MagicBands. You will likely receive an email soon, but if you are feeling antsy, check your My Disney Experience app or website to see if the ability to order yours pops up (mine did.) In addition, they should be able to have access to make FastPass+ reservations soon via the My Disney Experience app and website. (AP holders will be able to make up to 7 days of reservations or if staying on property, the number of days staying, whichever is longer.)