Beginning on January 29 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, inside Conservation Station at Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Guests will be able to experience a new exhibit that shows off some of the background research the filmmakers prepared for “Zootopia.” The exhibit features characters from the film and shares images from the extensive, behind-the-scenes research the filmmakers conducted to learn more about animal behaviors, personalities and movements.
- Habit Heroes at Epcot’s Innoventions has closed permanently.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at the Magic Kingdom will see a multi-month refurbishment from April 4 through sometime in July.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will be celebrating African culture with Guests on Wednesday, Feb. 3, from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. in the Jambo House lobby. There will be music, dancing and plenty of inspiring pride as they represent their home countries. Guests can even have their faces painted and learn about the many activities that are a part of African culture.
- Cell phone charging stations are now available at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort at the Courtyard Pool Bar and Beach Pool Bar & Grill. A variety of plugs for different devices are available to refuel phones.
- At Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter, Guests are invited to join in the Mardi Gras celebration on February 9 from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. in the French Quarter courtyard, Mardi Gras themed entertainment, characters, games, activities and more will be available. To kick-off the evening’s event will be a special parade at 4:45 p.m. around the Doubloon Lagoon pool area.
- Beginning February 11, Disney’s Beach Club Resort will begin offering Afternoon Tea at the Crescent Solarium on the following dates:
- Feb. 11-14
- March 24-29
- May 5-8
- Sept. 1-5
The tranquil, comfortable solarium overlooking Crescent Gardens provides an elegant setting for Guests to enjoy classic afternoon tea, savories and sweets, such as house-made scones, petite sandwiches and pastries. A variety of alcoholic beverages will also be available. Afternoon Tea will be served from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.