This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- The monorail will be seeing some maintenance work over the next few months. Starting on January 21, the Express monorail and Resort monorail beam will see it’s service severely impacted from the Transportation and Ticket Center. The monorail will be unavailable to guests on weekdays from 11:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. During the monorail closures, additional buses and watercraft will be available for guest use. This work is scheduled to last until the end of March 2014.
- Star Wars Weekends dates have been announced for 2014. The event will take place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from May 16 – June 8. The weekend’s exact dates are: May 16 – 18; May 23 – 25; May 30 – June 1; June 6 – 8.
Star Wars Weekends is an event where guests can enjoy meet-and-greet opportunities with Star Wars celebrities, purchase special edition merchandise, meet with characters from the film, and see special shows and presentations from the stars of the series.
- If you’re child is a fan of Disney Junior, then you are going to want to make an Advanced Dining Reservation for Hollywood and Vine. Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins will be joining the Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine character buffet starting on January 26. Sofia and Doc will be joining Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Handy Manny. Guests who would like to meet all four have the opportunity only during breakfast and lunch. Dinner at Hollywood and Vine has no characters. Agent Oso and June from Little Einsteins will be leaving the character meal.
- Camp Minnie-Mickey is scheduled to close on January 6 with the last day of operations being held on January 5. With the closure, the characters that could be found here for meet and greets will move to different locations around the park. Here’s the updated list on where they will be able to be found.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale will move to Rafiki’s Planet Watch on the walkway from the train station to Conservation Station.
- Musician Gi-Tar Dan will be relocated to Rafiki’s Planet Watch.
- Pocahontas will be found along the Discovery Island Trail.
- King Louie & Baloo from The Jungle Book will greet guests along Bradley Falls between Asia and Africa.
- Donald Duck will move to the Cretaceous Trail in DinoLand U.S.A. Guests can join him for a photo with Cory the Dinosaur.
As a reminder, Festival of the Lion King’s last performance date is also January 5. The attraction will then see a 6 month or so closure, reopening sometime in Summer 2014. The area will reopen in 2017 as Avatarland.