This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Beaches and Cream at Disney’s Beach Club Resort is now accepting Advanced Dining Reservations starting on Dec. 18th. For those wishing to make a reservations can do so both online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
- Starting on December 18, Disney’s Animal Kingdom is testing FastPass+ for all guests (both on-site, as well as off-site guests). If any off-site guest wishes to take part in the test and make FastPass+ reservations, they will need to visit a FastPass+ kiosk in the park. To make a FastPass+ reservation, off-property guests will need to use their RFID-enabled ticket to access the FastPass+ kiosks. Kiosks will be able to be found at Disney Outfitters, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, the Expedition Everest FASTPASS distribution area, and outside the service center located at Creature Comforts. Here they’ll be able to reserve their ride times on the day they visit the park. Keep in mind, these day guests will not be able to use the My Disney Experience app or website to make FastPass+ reservations. Also of note, MagicBands will not available for non-Disney resort guests during this test. During this test, Legacy FASTPASS will not be available to any park guest and guests will only be allowed three FastPass+ reservations a day. No word on how long this test will last.
- During the Holiday season, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, at the Premiere Theater, the improvisational comedy show, The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special will be taking place again this festive season from Dec. 21st – Jan. 5th. The most interesting part of this show is that everything comes off the top of the performer’s heads, so that during the show, the comedians will field suggestions from the crowd, getting help in composing funny Christmas songs, putting their own unique spin on classic Holiday stories, and creating hilarious scenarios. Showtimes are 12:45 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 7:00 p.m. daily, with the exception of New Year’s Eve, when show times are scheduled for 3:00 p.m, 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m, 8:00 p.m., and 9:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve is rapidly approaching and for those who will be at Walt Disney World, they are pulling out all the stops. At the Magic Kingdom, there will be two nights of fireworks (both Dec. 30th and 31st). Take in both Holiday Wishes: Celebrate The Season at 9 p.m. and then Fantasy in the Sky, which is scheduled for 11:50 p.m. Over at Epcot, there will be DJs in quite a few of the different areas of the park. They include at the Future World Fountain Stage, near the Italy Stage, at the America Gardens Theatre, and by the United Kingdom Stage, among others. Also, two showings of IllumiNations will take place on New Year’s Eve, ending with the Holiday Tag after the 6:30 p.m. showing and then the New Year’s Eve Countdown spectacular will happen during the 11:40 p.m. show. For guests who will be at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, enjoy the Mulch, Sweat and Shears New Year’s Eve Spectacular. which starts at 6:00 p.m. and goes all the way to midnight. The night will end with the Lights! Camera! Happy New Year! Fireworks spectacular. Finally, DisneyQuest will hold a ticketed New Year’s Eve event featuring food, games, music, dancing, meet and greeting Disney characters, and a special New Year’s Eve countdown.
- This week’s Limited Time Magic will have guests celebrating both Mary Poppins and Saving Mr. Banks by having the opportunity to meet Mary Poppins and Bert at the UK Pavilion in Epcot from Dec. 16th – 22nd.