This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Walt Disney World is reintroducing its Disney After Hours event that is held at the Magic Kingdom next month. Disney After Hours enables Guests to experience little to no wait at attractions and meet and greets. Guests will also receive ice cream novelties, popcorn and bottled beverages. Disney After Hours will take place on select nights throughout January, February and March. On event nights, Guests may enter the park as early as 7:00 p.m. and remain in the park for three hours past the scheduled closing time on the following dates: January 20 and 27, February 2, 9 and 16, and March 2 and 9. The cost is $119 plus tax for both adults and children (ages 3-9).
- Enchanted Tales with Belle is no longer being offered during morning Extra Magic Hours.
- Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios are going to be able to celebrate Star Wars as more experiences are introduced and updated:
- In the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away show, AWR (Advanced Weapons Research) Troopers from the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will debut on December 16. AWR Troopers have black Stormtrooper armor.
- In the Star Wars Launch Bay, Guests will find new props from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. In addition, making-of footage was also added to the attraction’s “Meet the Makers” film.
- At Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, starting in mid-December, the attraction will switch back to randomized ride sequences.
- The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show will return nightly beginning December 16. It will play in addition to Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! through December 31, before continuing into 2017.
- Disney will be introducing a Star Wars Guided Tour beginning in 2017. This all-new Star Wars guided tour will take Guests on a seven-hour experience with all the park’s current Star Wars experiences. Led by a tour guide, Guests will experience Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, encounterChewbacca and Kylo Ren at Star Wars Launch Bay, get an in-depth, insider’s tour around Launch Bay, screen “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi” and enjoy a Star Wars-themed menu items at Backlot Express. The finale includes the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which also includes reserved viewing for the show. The tour costs $129 per person and will begin January 2. It will be offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017.
FuelRod charging batteries are now available for purchase at Epcot. Each battery comes with a set of USB cables to charge a mobile phone, tablet or other device. You can get them at Disney Traders (entrance to World Showcase), Camera Center (Future World), World Traveler (International Gateway).
- Four lion-tailed macaques have been added to the Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. They can be found in their new, specially-designed habitat located between the Komodo dragon and bat exhibits.