This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- B’net Al Houwariyate, the new Moroccan musical group has debuted at the Morocco Pavilion. Showtimes are on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 4:45 p.m., 5:45 p.m., 6:30 p.m., and 7:45 p.m. The new group plays traditional Berber music.
- Two new restaurants have officially been announced for the upcoming Disney Springs. The first is called The BOATHOUSE and will feature upscale, waterfront dining. Menu items will include steaks, chops, seafood, and a raw bar. The restaurant will feature three separate bars – The Captain’s Raw Bar, The Admiral’s Club Bar and The Dock Bar. There will also be nautically-themed rooms – The Runabout, Twin Transoms, and The Lake House. Guests will also be able to book one of two private dining rooms – The Regatta and The Trophy Room. Also part of this new concept will be the opportunity to go on various waterfront cruises along the waters of Disney Springs. Options will range from upscale guided tours aboard the 40 ft wooden Italian Water Taxi, The Venezia, to the 20 minute guided tours on-board the Amphicars. The restaurant is slated to open in Spring 2015 at The Landing section.
- The second restaurant that will be opening at Disney Springs is called Morimoto Asia and is brought to us from Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. This restaurant will feature Pan Asian dishes cooked in exhibition kitchens like Peking duck carving and dim sum. The restaurant will feature open terraces, a grand hall, private rooms, cocktail lounge, waterside seating, long bar, and more. It will open in the Summer 2015 in The Landing section of Disney Springs.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish holiday castle lighting ceremony will begin on November 5 and will be performed nightly until December 31. Showtimes are 6:15 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on regular park days. On Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party nights, the show will take place at 6:15 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. The updated show will feature Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and Kristoff and it replaces Cinderella’s Holiday Wish.
- On-ride photos are now automatically being linked to guest’s My Disney Experience accounts thanks to guests wearing their MagicBands. For guests who do not have MagicBands, they can have the photos added to their My Disney Experience accounts by touching your RFID ticket to the reader located at the attraction’s on-ride photo area. Guests can then choose to purchase the photos after their trip. Previously, guests would have to decide to purchase the on-ride photo immediately. Attractions this will work on will include: Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Dinosaur, and Expedition Everest. Also the new videos will also be able to be purchased online. Currently on-ride videos are available for both Tower of Terror and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.