This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Pandora – The World of AVATAR will open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in summer 2017. When Guests travel to the new land they will be able to experience the following places and experiences: Satu’li Canteen – a quick service restaurant in Pandora will feature Na’vi art and cultural items; Windtraders – a merchandise location where travelers can find Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits and more; Pongu Pongu – a special drink location with a design that is as eclectic as its Expat owner; AVATAR Flight of Passage – an attraction that provides excursions that offer the jaw-dropping experience of riding on a Banshee over the world of Pandora; Na’vi River Journey – a family friendly experience that will send Guests down a sacred river hidden within a bioluminescent rainforest.
- Cabanas will be introduced at the Magic Kingdom beginning November 27. These will be found in Tomorrowland near Space Mountain. Cabanas will be able to accommodate up to 8 Guests and will be available for a daily rental price of $649. Guests who have booked a cabana may check in at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. Amenities include:
- Comfortable, shaded space within the park
- Lockable storage trunk
- Electronic device charging stations
- Personalized Mickey ears
- Access to sunscreen, hand sanitizer and insect repellent
- Small refrigerator
- Water and soft drinks
- Prepackaged snacks
- One fruit basket
- A one-time delivery of ice cream novelties and desserts
- Dining menu (additional charges apply for purchases) with food delivery service
- Reserved viewing for parades and fireworks
Guests may book cabanas by calling (407) WDW-PLAY.
- A new shop is coming soon to Town Center at Disney Springs. Opening November 23, D-Living will be the ultimate home décor store with an assortment of Disney-themed products that changes with each season. D-Living will be located adjacent to UNOde50.
- Beginning November 20, Guests at Disney Springs will get a chance to see a brand new drone show called “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration.” This first-of-its-kind light show will feature 300 Intel Shooting Star show drones that features the synchronized choreography and is set to a specially orchestrated arrangement of classic holiday music. Starbright Holidays can be seen nightly at 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. through January 8.
- Guests will soon be able to take advantage of the new MagicBand 2 that is more versatile and customizable as Guests unlock the magic of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation. MagicBand 2 works exactly the same as the current MagicBand does, but includes more comfort and flexibility. Guests may continue using the previous MagicBands, if they have them. Graphic MagicBand 2, including limited-edition and limited-release MagicBand 2s, will be introduced over the next few months. MagicBand 2s should be available in the next few months.