This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
A couple of meet and greet additions:
- Minnie Mouse now has a dedicated meet and greet location at the Magic of Disney Animation Building in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Peter Pan has a new meet and greet area at the Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland outside of the attraction’s former bathrooms.
- The feature pools at Walt Disney World will be seeing a few changes coming in the next couple of months. First off, all of the the feature pools will be enclosed by fences. Second, now, lifeguards will be stationed on site, at the pool all day. With the pools opening at either 7 or 9 am (depending on the season) and remaining open until 11 pm. After that, the pools will close for the evening. As of right now, resort quiet pools will remain open all day.
- The Disney Festival of Fantasy parade coming to the Magic Kingdom has a couple of new parade floats that we now know about. They are a Little Mermaid float (with Ariel surrounded by her fishy friends) and a Brave float (with Merida sitting atop a giant bagpipe). The Celebrate a Dream Come True parade ends Dec. 20 with encore performances Jan. 1 – 4. After that time, guests will still be able to catch the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party and The Main Street Electrical Parade. The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will open in Spring.
- This week’s Limited Time Magic event is a Chalk Art Festival that will be taking place from Oct. 4 – 6 at Downtown Disney. Talented artists will transform the cold pavement into vivid drawings made from chalk as guests watch in amazement.