This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
A few refurbishments have been released for the Magic Kingdom this winter:
- Splash Mountain will be closed for it’s annual winter refurbishment from January 6 – March 22, reopening March 23.
- The Tomorrowland Speedway will be closed from January 6 – 12, reopening on January 13.
- Casey’s Corner on Main Street USA will be closed from January 6 – February 15, reopening February 16.
- A few details about the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival have now been released. The event will take place from March 5 – May 18. Some of the returning features of the event include HGTV stars showcasing their skills with special seminars, the Marketplace Food Booths (a first for last year’s event), the Cars Playground, and Tinker Bell’s Butterfly House.
- Steven Curtis Chapman has been added as the final narrator announced for this year’s Candlelight Processional. He will be a part of the December 23 – 25 performances.
- Bamboo, the Living Statue that was performing at Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s last day is today, September 23.
- The Polynesian Resort has been announced as the next location for the Disney Vacation Club program. Construction has already begun and is expected to be completed by 2015. The resort will also see additional refurbishments to other guest areas, however, specifics have not been announced.
- This week’s Limited Time Magic, which takes place from September 23 – 29 is celebrating Pirates Week! Guests will be able to enjoy The Rusty Cutlass Band who will be found in Caribbean Plaza. In addition, they will be able to meet Captain Hook, Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Pirate Goofy. Finally, a special pre-parade will take place before the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade featuring some of the participants who got made over at The Pirates League each day.