This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- Last year, Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival introduced the Chase Lounge. This year, it’s back again. It will be able to be found in the American Adventure Pavilion and will feature complimentary soft drinks, comfy couches, televisions, magazines, cell phone charging stations, and an interactive Festival map. The lounge will be open Sunday – Thursday from 11 am – 9 pm and Friday and Saturday from 11 am – 10 pm. You must show your Disney Visa in order to gain access to this private lounge.
- The popular Disney channel star Sofia from Sofia the First is now meeting guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests will find her in the Animation Courtyard near Disney Junior – Live on Stage! She will be meeting guests against a backdrop of her land of Enchancia. Pick up a Times Guide for exact meet and greet times.
- Cap’n Jack’s which as been at Downtown Disney since 1975, will be officially closing it’s doors in preparation of the upcoming changeover of the area to Disney Springs. It’s last day of operation will be August 17.
- While there have been no real news pieces to come out at the D23 Expo this year in relation to the parks, they are teasing Star Wars in their Imagineering booth. (A set up for Avatar is also available, proving that yes, Avatar is still on track.)
- This week’s Limited Time Magic event, which takes place from August 12 – 18, will give the kiddos the change to perform on stage at the American Idol Experience. Known as American Idol Experience Juniors Edition, kids ages 6 -13 will have the opportunity to audition, taking part in the actual process that the older singers would. Three singers will be chosen each day and will get to perform in the 6 pm show. There will be no Dream Tickets handed out during these performances. This process is just for the experience of it all.