- Disney has upped the ante on the 2014 Marathon Weekend. Next year’s Marathon Weekend will include a brand new 10k with a new medal for finishers–Minnie. In addition, thanks to this added race, the Dopey Challenge will now be official. It will include the 5k, the 10k, the Half, and the Full. Guests who complete this four day feat will get 6 medals for their efforts. Marathon Weekend will be Jan. 8-12, 2014. For those who are looking to register for any of the Marathon Weekend festivities, you may do so starting April 9, 2013, at noon EDT at rundisney.com.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, they are offering a special during this Spring Break. From now until April 4, Disney is offering the Disney Taste To Go prepackaged meals. Guests who participate in this special will also get reserved seating for Fantasmic! There are five different meal choices that cost $15.99. They include:
- hot fried chicken with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sweet corn and carrots and warm apple crisp
- veggie sandwich with avocado, orange and tomato salad, tabbouleh and chocolate cake
- California and tuna sushi roll with avocado, orange and tomato salad, ginger-marinated tomatoes and cucumbers and a spicy pecan chocolate cluster
- shrimp salad with avocado, orange and tomato salad, ginger-marinated tomatoes and cucumbers and mandarin orange cheesecake
- cold-cut roast beef with creamy horseradish, potato salad, grilled asparagus and chocolate cake
For children ages 3-9, there are two different options that cost $5.49:
- turkey and American cheese wrap with apples and carrots with Ranch dip, strawberry yogurt and a seven-layer cookie bar
- strawberry yogurt, apple wedges, carrot sticks, Goldfish crackers, and an organic apple and cinnamon oatmeal bar
Guests may pick up their meals from Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner from 11 am – 8 pm. To book your meal, call (407) WDW-DINE. You can try to walk up, but it isn’t guaranteed that it will be available for walk ups.
- This week’s Limited Time Magic is all about Spring. The Spring Fling will allow guests to meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny at either the Magic Kingdom in Town Square on Main Street or in the UK Pavilion at Epcot. Also at the Magic Kingdom, a special processional will take place before the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade featuring butterflies, flowers, dancing hippos, and others. Over at Epcot, for those who want to participate in an Easter Egg hunt, they may do so at the UK Pavilion (along with fun relay races) and in Future World.