This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- A few details have been released about the 2013 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. This will be the festival’s 20th year. Brand new items for the event will include Daisy, who will be joining the main entrance topiary display. Mike and Sulley from “Monsters Inc” and the upcoming “Monsters University” will be featured in the walk way between Future World and World Showcase. Mater and Lightning McQueen from “Cars” and “Cars 2” will be able to be found by Test Track. Fawn’s Butterfly House will topiaries of Tink and her fairy friends, along with hundreds of butterflies. Finally, there will be an entire section devoted to the upcoming movie Oz The Great and Powerful. This section will include midway games and photo opportunities that have a circus theme to them, the Land of Oz Play Area which will feature playgrounds and the famous crashed hot air balloon, and the Oz Movie Garden, which will features plants that got their inspiration from the movie.
- A new Streetmosphere troupe will be a part of the New Fantasyland expansion. The group, called the Royal Majesty Makers will greet guests in the Castle Courtyard and will provide different magical moments for guests, such as conducting knight school, leading royal dances, handing out invitations to the royal ball, and playing games. The group will consist of Sir Sterling, a retired knight; Lady Llewellyn, the royal etiquette expert; Tobias, a squire; and Bridget, a flirtatious lady in waiting.
- WiFi has finally arrived at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This means that all four parks have WiFi access. Guests may also access the complimentary internet at Disney’ Typhoon Lagoon. To access it, guests should connect with to the network with either “In-Room Guest WiFi (Disney)” or “Public Space Guest WiFi (Disney)”, depending on your location while on property. WiFi should make it’s way to Downtown Disney by the end of 2012.
- Guests who are wanting to visit the Spas at Disney are in for a real treat. Disney is taking ownership of the spas, salons, and fitness centers across property. The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be reopening on Dec. 17th, with the name Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. The remodeled location will have 15 treatment rooms. In addition, the Spa at Saratoga Springs will be closed for a refurbishment starting on Jan. 16th and it will be reopening in the summer with the name, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort.
- Disney has been hinting at a new project that involves Dragons. It isn’t for where you’d think though. At first guess, you would guess they were talking about Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but it appears that the dragons may have something to do with New Fantasyland. Follow Disney Parks Blog Social Media Managing Editor, Gary, as he goes on the hunt on his Tumblr, called Believe in Fantasy.
- In an effort to influence healthy eating choices in kids, Disney is now offering their Mickey Check, which will be found on kids menus in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. This Check will allow guests to identify meals that are nutritionally balanced, as well as appropriately portioned. These meals will contain limited calories, saturated fats, sodium, and sugar and must be made up of at least three of the following items: fruits and veggies, low-fat dairy, lean protein, beans eggs, and nuts. Meals must have no substitutions, though they will be available, should a guests choose to change the meals, in order to meet the Mickey Check criteria.