This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Happy New Year everyone! It’s so crazy to think that 2015 is over and done. It was a great year in terms of Disney dining; we got Skipper Canteen, Morimoto Asia, The BOATHOUSE, Trader Sams Grog Grotto, menu updates at Pecos Bills and Tortuga Tavern, and more!
However, that’s really just the start, as lots of new changes are on tap for 2016. Most are slated to occur at Disney Springs, but there’s a few others that made the list too! So, let’s get to our top 7 restaurants we can’t wait to try in 2016 and we think you’ll be excited to try them too!
- The Edison: This restaurant will be located in The Landing section of Disney Springs and will be a lavish “Industrial Gothic”-style restaurant, bar, and nighttime destination. It is famous for classic American food, craft cocktails, as well as live music and entertainment. Various entertainment options will include contortionists, palm readers, DJs, and more. This will likely be a popular nightspot when it official opens.
- STK Orlando: This will be the epitome of chic! This steakhouse is certain to be high end, but incredibly delicious with a modern menu and the only rooftop dining at Disney Springs. The restaurant was originally supposed to be opened by the end of 2015, however, it’s been pushed to an early 2016 debut.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes: looking to get your sweet tooth fulfilled? Well soon when you visit Disney Springs, you’ll be able to stop at this unique cupcake stop! They have one here in Atlanta and I did the pre-research already. These cupcakes are good! I can’t wait for you to be able to try them.
- Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine: I love down home cooking and Chef Art Smith is set to ring just that in his upcoming restaurant for Disney Springs. Menu items will focus on Florida fresh ingredients and will include southern treats like homemade pimento cheese, deviled eggs, low country shrimp and grits, fried chicken, kale salad with Sweet Grass Dairy cheese and spiced pecans, and a grilled Blackstrip pork chop with sawmill gravy. It is expected to open in the summer of 2016.
- Frontera Fresco: This authentic Mexican restaurant will feature lots of favorites including hand-crafted tortas, tacos, salads, fresh guacamole, and Mexican-based meat entrees. Specialties will be made with fresh, local ingredients. The restaurant is expected to open summer 2016.
- Tiffins: This new Disney’s Animal Kingdom restaurant is slated to be a signature offering that takes inspiration for its dishes from the creation of the park. Tiffins will be located on Discovery Island and also include waterfront views from both indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza: In the mood for a pie? Come to get your Italian fill at this new restaurant that will specialize in artisanal pizzas in this fast-causal restaurant. This restaurant is expected to open in May 2016.
So, those are the ones that we’re looking forward to, but what are you looking forward to experiencing in 2016, if you had to pick just one and why? Let us know in the comments section!