I am super excited! Today, I board the Disney Dream for my next Disney vacation! I absolutely love cruising on Disney Cruise Line and this every other year trip is always a highlight for me. It’s such an incredible and indulgent vacation. There’s fantastic sights, sounds, smells, and most definitely tastes!
Cruising is the best because you get to eat…a TON! Just when you finish eating one meal, it’s time for your next. And the food is super fantastic, with lots of fresh flavors and great treats.
So, today (because I’m clearly writing this before I set sail), I’m here to share my Top 10 Dining Experiences I’m Most Looking Forward To Onboard the Disney Dream. These will include not only different meals, but also some of the great delights I’m looking most forward to!
- The First Meal Onboard the Ship: So, clearly, this is one of my favorites, because it’s where the indulging begins! My favorite place to have that first buffet meal is Enchanted Garden, however, getting your fill either here or at Cabanas, you really can’t go wrong.
- Antipasto Platter from Palo: This is not the last time you will see Palo mentioned on this list. The Antipasto platter is one of the first courses and includes different cured meats, cheeses, and other accoutrements that make up a fine Italian meal! It’s not fancy, but it’s something that is delicious.
- Palo Chocolate Souffle: I could probably make a meal out of both the Anipasto Platter and the Chocolate Souffle…(I’m glad I get to choose even more great goodies though.) The chocolate souffle is something that dreams are made of. It’s rich, moist, gooey, flavorful, and pretty much the perfect dessert!
- Cookies and Cookies II: There’s something so awesome about eating barbeque on an island and this is some pretty amazing barbeque. And of course, you cannot forget the cookies, which are like the size of your head and what the place is named after.
- Pot Stickers during Pirate Night: Oh my gosh! These were so incredible the last time. They were flavorful with great dipping sauce. I’m so stoked to get this again.
- The Buccaneer’s Sun-Ripened Pineapple during Pirate Night: Want to know one of the appetizers I’ve been craving since I got off the ship the last time? It’s this one…and it’s so simple. It’s fresh island pineapple with a coconut covered banana and orange glaze. Fresh fruit is so much better in the Caribbean.
- Midnight Buffet during the Pirates in the Caribbean Night: This last cruise I found out that Disney offers a midnight buffet in Cabanas featuring tons of great items, including turkey legs. You aren’t hungry for any of it, but by goodness, you are eating it because it’s there.
- Palo Brunch: This is another meal where you just keep eating, even though you’ve been full about 2 courses ago. You can choose from breakfast items (I remember a fantastic bread pudding-type option that I hope is still around), then there’s the flatbreads, then there’s the main courses (either breakfast or lunch.) Oh and then there’s dessert. Seriously, I have never been more full in my life and I can’t wait to feel that uncomfortable full feeling again. (PS: the chicken parmigiana is incredible.)
- All the steak I can eat: If there’s one thing I enjoy on a cruise, it’s eating as much steak as I can. It’s part of the luxury of being on a cruise. That and great fresh seafood.
- All the ice cream I can eat: As I have mentioned before, if you aren’t just in a perpetual state of full on a cruise, you’re doing it wrong. Here is where you can make up for that…as you can eat as many ice cream cones as you want at the Eye Scream window. Trust me…I may inhale a few of those ice cream cones. Again, just because I can.
Honorable Mention: The beverage stations. It’s so great that Disney offers all the soda and coffee you can drink. (Also, this time I’m happy because it’s not Nescafe anymore! It’s Joffrey’s now!)
So, that’s what I’m most excited about eating this go around, but stay tuned! There’s going to be lots of great meal coverage from the Disney Cruise Line coming up here soon. I just hope my stomach can make enough room for it all, because it’s all so so good and I don’t want to miss a thing!
1 thought on “Foodie Friday: Top 10 Dining Experiences I’m Looking Forward To Onboard the Disney Dream”
Ill be on the Dream for the first time next Sunday!!! Cannot wait!!!!!