The magic of meeting characters on the Disney Dream really makes cruising with Disney special. Seeing your favorite Disney character live, right in front of your eyes is an experience every Disney fan treasures. There’s an intimacy during these meet and greets on a cruise ship that will leave fond and lasting memories for every member of your family. How does Disney make the experience magical?
Disney Cruise Line does a great job of making favorites easily available to their guests.
- Characters on the Disney Dream are scheduled to appear around the ship several times a day. This is especially true for the most popular characters such as Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald. Checking your Personal Navagator or the Disney Cruise Line app will give you the most up to date times to see them.
- The lines and crowds are light and manageable.
- The Oceaneer Club hosts several fun activities for kids that involve one on one interaction with some of your favorite characters. Where else would you be able to dance with Mickey himself?
- Characters also roam around the ship during various parts of the day, especially the princesses. The close quarters of the ship make it likely to run into them.
There are some characters in the parks I wish I could meet every time I go. On the Disney Dream, my family and I were able to meet several characters who are rare to see in the parks or hard to find. My favorite was meeting Daisy, who I never seem to catch when I’m in Disney World! Here are some others we met:
Captain Hook and Mr. Smee
If you’ve been on board a Disney cruise ship you know that themed nights are a big deal. On our cruise, we had Pirate Night and Formal Night. They were both a lot of fun and my kids thought it was especially neat that their favorite characters were dressed to match the theme.
Formal Night Goofy
Pirate Night Stitch
Formal Night Chip & Dale
Special Time With Each Character
Our time spent with each character we met didn’t feel rushed. The Disney Cast Members took their time and made sure each individual family had a real experience with that character. It melted my heart to see my son hug Mickey (his absolute favorite character) and talk with him without feeling the need to move along quickly.
Not only was meeting characters on the Disney Dream a truly a magical experience, it also created a lifetime of memories for our family. I hope you and your family will enjoy it as much as we did!
What tips do you have for meeting characters on Disney Cruise Line? Share your experience in a comment below or on Facebook or Twitter.
Did you like this article? Make sure to share it with your friends! Check below for easy ways to share!
Want to take a Disney Cruise? Contact The Magic for Less Travel for more information and a free, no-obligation quote.
Incoming search terms:
- https://www themouseforless com/blog_world/eeting-characters-disney-dream/
- characters on disney dream
- what characters are currently on the disney dream