This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
We asked the travel agents at The Magic for Less Travel for their opinions on the counter service eateries at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We also asked them to share their favorite menu items at any of the DHS counter service locations. Here’s what we learned.
The pick for best counter service location was Starring Rolls Café, with 30% of the vote. Rosie’s All American Café came in second (23%) and there was a three-way tie for third (ABC Commissary, Backlot Express and Studio Catering Co Flatbread Grill). No one, not anyone, voted for Toy Story Pizza Planet. Surprised?
Respondents noted that Starring Rolls is often overlooked as a counter service restaurant. Despite having limited seating available (and all of it outside), the travel agents noted that Starring Rolls has a great selection of huge sandwiches (and huge desserts) and is a great use of a Quick Service credit if on the Disney Dining Plan. Rosie’s All American Café was noted as having a decent selection, good burgers but again, limited indoor seating.
Specific menu items that were recommended included:
- ABC Commissary — the Cuban Sandwich (no longer served-so sad!), the Curry Chicken and the Asian Salad
- Backlot Express — the Grilled Turkey & Cheese Sandwich and Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Catalina Eddie’s — Hot Italian Deli Sandwich
- Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner — Frankfurter in a Pretzel
- Rosie’s All American Cafe — Chicken Caesar Salad
- Starring Rolls Cafe — Black Forest Ham Sandwich, the blueberry muffin, and any of the cupcakes or pastries
- Studio Catering Co. Flatbread Grill — the Greek Salad, the Chicken Wrap, and the Turkey Club with Roasted Red Peppers
- Toy Story Pizza Planet — If you must, either the Pizza Combo or the Veggie Pizza
In the “other suggestions” category, one travel agent admitted to just hopping over to Epcot for eats. However, it seems like there are plenty of appetizing options at DHS to be able to fend off hunger without leaving the park. Bon appetit!