We are looking for a limited number of bloggers to join our for The Mouse For Less Blog family!
We are looking to grow the Mouse For Less Blog, so we are looking for those who would like to volunteer to write. Our goal is to gain new bloggers who are passionate about Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, or Universal Orlando Resort!
This time we are doing things a little differently. While we appreciate any and all blog articles that you may write, we really want people who have a specific “focus” that they mostly center their articles about.
We are especially in need of bloggers who want to write on a more consistent basis about the following:
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Disney Crafts
- Traveling with Little Ones
- Traveling with Special Needs
- Disney Recipes
- Disney Cruise Line
- Any niche area that you think we are missing
Keep in mind that if you want to write about generally about either Disneyland or Walt Disney World, that doesn’t mean you are automatically out of the running! If that’s where your area of expertise is in, then by all means, please still send in a submission!
In exchange for your time, we do offer a quarterly incentive program as a thank you for writing articles for the Mouse For Less Blog.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then read further!
The Mouse For Less Blog has a few requirements for articles that include:
- You are able to write at least one 400-1000 word article at least every month, with preference on a new posting every two weeks. While you can still write for The Mouse For Less if you write for another site, keep in mind that blog articles on our site should be original and not copy and pasted from other websites you may blog for.
- You must be able to write clearly with minimal grammatical or spelling mistakes. Also, articles cannot be acronym heavy. (I know, we all love our Disney acronyms, but not everyone reading these articles will know what TTC, GF, FP+ or BTMR means.)
- You know how to produce articles in WordPress or are willing to learn. (Don’t worry if you aren’t proficient; we have a great cheat sheet for those who don’t already know!)
- Articles must include at least one image, though preferably more, so you must be able to include your own photos that can be used for the blog. No copywritten images are allowed.
- You must be able to create one image that can be pinnable for Pinterest. (A pinnable image is one that has text that overlays the photo, that includes the title of the article or at least a good explanation of the topic. Never fear, we have a cheat sheet for that too!)
- Topics can be about anything related to Disney (or Universal Studios).
So, I know you have questions…and I have answers! Here are some of the questions that my current bloggers thought you may have and my answers:
I’ve never written in WordPress, but am interested in writing for The Mouse For Less. Is that a deal breaker?
Absolutely not! WordPress is very similar to Microsoft Word. In addition, I have a fantastic cheat sheet that you can use to help you along.
I’ve never created a pinnable image. Is that a deal breaker?
Again, absolutely not! I once again have a cheat sheet that will help guide you along the way. Sites like PicMonkey are easy to work with. I am also always here to answer questions.
I have a great blog idea, but what if I don’t have a photo that I can use in my post?
Never fear! We have a great community of bloggers in our family who are more than willing to share with other bloggers, asking only for photo credit, of course.
Do I get anything for blogging?
We have a great incentive program based on the number of blogs written each quarter. The more you write, the better the incentives you can earn!
Do you assign topics and blog deadlines to each blogger?
I do not. It is mostly up to each blogger to come up with topics, however I do offer suggestions of topics that bloggers can claim to write about or to give bloggers a spark of inspiration.
How many blogs are expected per week or per month?
In order to participate in our incentive program, you must be an active blogger. The requirement that in order to be an active blogger is one who writes at least 2 blogs every quarter. A blogger is considered dormant when they have written less than two blogs in two consecutive quarters (4 blogs total between the two quarters). A Blogger is also considered dormant when they do not write articles in at least two quarters in the last 12 months.
Are there travel requirements?
There are no travel requirements! I have bloggers that go down less frequently and some who go down more frequently. As long as you blog about something Disney related, I am ok. While it certainly isn’t a requirement that you have a trip every year or every other year, it does help when writing posts to be knowledgeable in what you’re blogging about.
Hooray! You want to write for The Mouse For Less Blog! What do you do next?
Please send a writing sample (including photos in the article…but don’t worry about making a pinnable image just yet) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “MFL Blog Opportunity”. Samples can be about anything Disney or Universal related. (If you really want a specific topic idea, use “My Best Tip for Touring __________ “(pick a theme park.)) Articles may be sent as either a Word doc, a PDF, or a Google doc. Please do not send your article in the text of the email. The best advice I can give is to be creative when writing your article!
Also, we want to get to know you a little bit, so please make sure to fill out our Google Form (click link to access the form) and tell us a little about yourself and why you’d like to write for us.
In order to be considered, you must send both the email with your article AND fill out the Google Form. Those who only do one of the two will be disqualified.
If you have never blogged before and you are wanting to give it a shot, please send in a sample! And if you already blog for another site, that’s ok too! We have plenty of people in the family who currently do that.
In addition, if you have any questions, what-so-ever, please email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to answer them!
The deadline for submitting articles is 11:59 p.m. on April 15.
If we’re interested in having you blog for us, we’ll contact you with the next steps in the process. Just be aware that we may not be able to reply to everyone interested in blogging.
In addition, if maybe you don’t want to blog, but you know someone who you think would be really good at it (like a friend who writes really great trip reports, etc) make sure to pass this opportunity along to them! Also, if you could, please share this opportunity with your social media sites.
If you have ever wanted to be a blogger for The Mouse For Less Blog, we look forward to hearing from you! We have quite a few opportunities available and we would love to have you as part of the Mouse For Less Blogging family!
Incoming search terms:
- https://www themouseforless com/blog_world/blogger-mouse-for-less-blog/